paxton prices

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, again, talk to Todd at A&C. Their team installs a lot of Viper Paxtons every year. They get favorable prices from the manufacturer in addition to having a huge catalog of in-house custom-developed tunes to get your car dialed in as quickly and safely as possible. Not only will the cost be competitive, but it will be done right the first time so you can enjoy the car instead of taking it back-and-forth to a tuner to get things done properly.

Anyone know where to get the best deal on a gen 2 paxton kit?

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in nj. I have a shop in ny that installed many, Just looking for a good deal on a kit. Rather not ship the car to get it done. I talked to Todd years ago. Ill call him to see if he'll give me a deal on a kit. Thanks again. Vital, how used is the used one? Does it come with everything I need?

8.0L>1.8T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton supercharger prices piss me off. $9,500 without tuning for 170ish added power.
Having said that, I'd really like to have one.

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper specialties has them for $7750.00. Ill call them mon. That's the best I've seen so far.

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper specialties has them for $7750.00. Ill call them mon. That's the best I've seen so far.

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey BlackOut - Viper Specialties is another excellent shop. You can't go wrong.

Now, since I've been through this myself, let me tell you that just buying the kit is no way to run 10PSI. I'm running 8PSI and on days where the ambient was over about 88 degrees I could NOT keep the car cool. That's with an aluminum 3 core radiator and adjusted fan triggers. I was able to fix the issue though: Tell Dan to add the high-flow pump and larger air-to-air intercooler that he sells. IT FIXED MY ISSUE.

Another thing to consider is that at 10PSI you would need an upgraded fuel system. Not want, but need. Tell Dan exactly what you're trying to accomplish and he will not steer you wrong. Like Todd, he's a class act.

Good luck and be safe!

OP
OP
B

BlackOutBoxing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
U got it. Ill call him mon. Thanks for the advice brotha! I am really concerned with drivesbility and tuning issues. I still think about doing another heads and cam car sometimes. I feel like a Paxton will walk a heads and cam car from 60mph tho? Did u ever 1/4 mile ur car? If so what mph did it run?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is that a heads and cam car will run harder than a basic Paxton kit car with no other mods. Seems the Paxton cars may produce bigger numbers but are slower in the qtr. My feeling was, it was better to build a head/ cam car because you'd have the foundation for a crazy blown car down the road. If you leave everything stock and plop a Paxton on it, you'll run hard but when you upgrade (and you know you will) you'll have to pull everything out and do the heads and cam anyway. Just my thought
On things for sure, if your in CA and you want a no hassle reliable car that passes emissions, the Paxton is the ticket.

Last edited:

SingleMalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with this -- the total area under the dyno curve is likely to be more on a NA car with the same WHP. Also, heat soak is less of a problem with NA cars.

Two other things I want to mention (that I haven't already) is:
1. Don't forget you need to have your crank snout pinned if you go supercharged
2. Whatever power the car makes with the supercharger, a lot of work is going into spinning the Paxton impeller (so your fuel system needs to support the WHP plus the drag of the supercharger)

I think that's it for now. Again, good luck and have fun with whatever you choose!

My guess is that a heads and cam car will run harder than a basic Paxton kit car with no other mods. Seems the Paxton cars may produce bigger numbers but are slower in the qtr. My feeling was, it was better to build a head/ cam car because you'd have the foundation for a crazy blown car down the road. If you leave everything stock and plop a Paxton on it, you'll run hard but when you upgrade (and you know you will) you'll have to pull everything out and do the heads and cam anyway. Just my thought
On things for sure, if your in CA and you want a no hassle reliable car that passes emissions, the Paxton is the ticket.

Vital Velocity

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have one with the DLM upgrades that came off a car recently. It came off my friends car, I can check with him to verify as to the completion of the kit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets