Paxton vs Roe vs Twin Turbo

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earl ..... It's Joseph, not Joe ;)

Joe, are you running the JM Stryker Heads? Which Turbos?

Also, how does the car feel on the street. I have been contemplating moving to a T4 setup, but my Vette tuner and I have been debating the merits of a T76 gts on a Viper (lag vs powerband).

Steppenwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff, that reworked motor of yours should be good for huge HP (900+) easy with the right blower set-up...even more turbocharged...

Roe Blower; - Pro's = Great quality, good customer service, direct bolt-on that's entirely reversible. Really clean and OEM looking power adder. Under $8K installed and tuned**

- Con's = Efficient positive displacement style blower till about 6.5-to-8PSI (or around 600-to-650RWHP) then efficiency drops like a rock** Non-intercooled (need **** injection for higher boost pulley's), wining sound under boost (which some find annoying)

Conclusion = In my opinion if all you're looking for is between ~550-to-650RWHP it's the best solution. It's efficient, instant full boost from low rpms to redline, direct bolt-on, easy to tune and clean looking.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Paxton Supercharger; - Pro's = Lot's of horsepower potential (well over 900RWHP from it's Novi 2000 head unit), relatively quiet S/C'er, linear power delivery which helps with "street" traction, intercooled** Also reasonably priced at under $9K installed and tuned.

- Con's = Air-to-water intercooler undersized and not efficient enough to support over 700RWHP or being runned back-to-back without being heat soaked (this can be addressed), split-second engine management unit garbage for tuning (VEC II much better), blower placement is in front of the motor and front axle which "could" affect handling.

Conclusion = The most bang for the buck in the relm of "F/I" if well OVER 700RWHP is what you're looking for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbocharging; - Pro's = The best F/I solution period. Efficient, intercooled, and more horsepower potential than any tire in production could ever handle.

- Con's = Money $$$. It's generally the most expensive F/I solution of the three and is not a direct bolt-on.

Conclusion = If money is no object I wouldn't hesitate to turbocharge !

...hope this helped ;-))

Hello,
wich is the better solution to upgrade the air-to-water intercooler undersize of PAXTON NOVI 2000 (SRT 10 Viper).

Really for a sport road use in mountains and day truck use is necessary prevent this little defect.

My tuning plan is over 800-850 hp with Paxton so is important review this bottleneck.

Your opinion in the matter?

I wait your info

Thanks from IT
Luigi:drive:

Reaction score
You could upgrade the cooling radiators but Paxton has explored this and it is a patch for the cooling capacity. It will still heat soak even with a bigger radiator element. The only way to truly address this is a large air to air cooler in the front of the car. This will give consistant results as it does on turbo cars. Plus you could rig a coolat spry kit to make the charge even cooler. If you want to do this let me know and maybe we can get Paxton to fab up some kits withh this in mind. It will require more tubing though and mods to the engine bay beyond what most will want to do.

Mark Jorgensen
Woodhouse Viper
800-889-1893
402-677-2935

Steppenwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could upgrade the cooling radiators but Paxton has explored this and it is a patch for the cooling capacity. It will still heat soak even with a bigger radiator element. The only way to truly address this is a large air to air cooler in the front of the car. This will give consistant results as it does on turbo cars. Plus you could rig a coolat spry kit to make the charge even cooler. If you want to do this let me know and maybe we can get Paxton to fab up some kits withh this in mind. It will require more tubing though and mods to the engine bay beyond what most will want to do.

Mark Jorgensen
Woodhouse Viper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen