PCM Computer Question

NONO5.0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't need the computer re-programmed for the cam, then I doubt you would need it re-programmed for the other things. However, you can use a exhaust meter from a local shop to see if your running rich now. Its a device that you insert one end into your tailpipe and look at the meter to see what the car is doing. (whether its running rich or lean)

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it would hurt for you to get the Mopar Performance computer for your car. The computer changes your timing and fuel curves and also moves your rev limiter a little higher. So you can get the most out of your better flowing heads and plenum. Just my two cents.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 99.9% sure the Mopar Performance PCM is only for GEN II engines. In fact, I know of no one who can reprogram a GEN I PCM; I think one problem is that the PCM is epoxy-potted and you have to remove the EEPROM to reprogram, a major undertaking.

Anyone who can reprogram a GEN I PCM please step up and let me know.

Tom Barth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used the "Performance PMC Computer"? In the Dodge performance catalog, it's listed at +50HP/+25tq, using performance exhaust, air filter, 1.7 rockers.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine and it is sitting on my tool box....I do not want to train it until I get the rest of my mods done...heads and rockers....otherwise I am ready to go with all the other stuff...it looks like an easy install and I HOPE it turns off my trouble codes for my exhaust...never knew a little light could piss me off so much....I will have an update when it goes in...the MOPAR catalog is pretty good with their description on the whats and why's of having it....I am probably two weeks out on the install..

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a look at Sean Roe's website. He now has a programable computer for the gen 1