PCM in the car.WANT theP4510172 racing unit.

TAZMC2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GOT the cam, also the Racing mufflers and I am buying my computer(PCM) but when i red that the unit needs to be updated, miles and Vin number ,that represents a problem since woodhoue is my favor dealer.Can they do this before they send me the PCM where all I got to do is swap it,
SERVICE MANUAL section 8e page 6, states that if this step in not follow (dtc will be set)
I will no take my car to the local dealer to check tire pressure
I called Mark J. but he is out.any sudgestions on this issue.
note: i will be using two setups (PCM stok and STANDARD) :hitfan:

05yellowSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it have to be your Viper or any Viper? I'm getting the updated PCM from DC and my understanding is he can program it with my VIN and miles without having my car

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it have to be your Viper or any Viper? I'm getting the updated PCM from DC and my understanding is he can program it with my VIN and miles without having my car

It must be his Viper because it has to see the correct VIN in the other modules on the vehicle for it to work!

OP
OP
T

TAZMC2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it is going to be my car but two pcm ,one for me when i race hell and the other one for my wifes's rides.when i become a saint.sending the car is not an option .for something so simple.I live in virginia and marck jorgensen is faraway.local dealers .dont trust them with a grease gun.or a tire pressure gage. :evilmad: :curse: :eek:

OP
OP
T

TAZMC2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry if i created any confussion......
I want 3 pcm; the original(stock on srt10/05 with all the mods i alredy got);the mopar racing P4510172. I jus got the racing cam and the racing exhaust from them.And also want Dan craigan PCM.
then i know it is going to be fun.......
thanks

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you only need two the orginal and a DC performance set up to your specs/mods, which i believe can be to the same thing as the race controller. three would be overkill and a waste of money, and some may say the same thing about having two of them.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIVORA, Dan at DC Performance can upgrade your 2005 ECM if you send it to him and he will send it back to you all set. Dan said that on 2003-2004 cars he can send out a new ecm all programed, as long as you give him the VIN and milage of the car, that you just swap out. This is what I did on my 2003 and it worked perfectly with no DTC's. But on 2005 and up you need to send your original ecm to him. Call him and he will explain to you why this is.
Robbie

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte