PCM options...???

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just reading the post about the rip-off from RSI and it brought a question to mind. I was gonna put this in a reply to the other post, but thought it may be considered hijacking since I have other questions as well.

For us fairly newbie Viper owners who don't know yet who to deal and who NOT to deal with, as with the RSI case, how do we protect ourselves from situations like this? I know posting on here usually provides a wealth of knowledgable responses prior to acting, as when I asked about the Hennessey performance upgrades. That told me not to fool with them, for the most part, and is a good example of the fine people on here that give honest responses based on experience. But what about things that seem on the up-and-up but may turn out to be a very bad choice? I don't know what to watch for...

I'm slowly upgrading my car. Exhaust is almost done. Trans is new with a Fidanza flywheel and Spec clutch. Everything else is stock. What should I be looking for in the proper PCM for my car and who should I turn to when I buy it? I want to keep it streetable, and don't see much more HP add-ons. Gears are next. Maybe a cam and some head work down the road and that should wrap it up.

Should I just buy an off the shelf pre-programmed PCM or should I take my car in to somebody and have it dyno tuned with a custom built PCM? Should I do it now or wait until I am finished with the upgrades?

Just looking for experienced opinions so I don't run in to what happened to SRT101969... Thanks in advance for any input to this.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I can only think of two

Dan Lessor and Woodhouse that are on my trust list (personal opinion only)

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you that all the work done on my car was done by RSI and I have never had any problems, when it comes to a dyno tune there is no substitute for putting the car on the rollers. Make sure to do all the mods first and the tune it.