PCM problems?

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know if it is a VEC problem or PCM, but my airbag warning chime constantly goes off. It didn't do it all the time, but lately it does it everytime I drive the car. It illuminates on the dash and chimes. Also is there a way to disable the lo tire warning that stays lit on the gauge?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That wouldnt be the PCM, that would be the airbag control module located under the radio, or any associated wiring.

Best bet is to check all wiring and the connectors first (off the top of my head, two on the ACM, one on the Clockspring in the steering column, one on the Pass airbag, and one in the center console to connect the Pass Airbag Off Switch). From there, I would take it to be worked on by a dealer, unless you REALLY know what you are doing.

As always, when working with Airbags, disconnect the battery and wait 15 minutes before touching ANYTHING. Also, make sure no one is near the airbags when you reconnect the battery.

Reaction score
Daniel is correct and also may I add ... most commonly I've seen the plug under the seats disconnected for the seat belts (and yes it does effect the airbag circuit)

Flip the chair backs forward and place your hand down below and verify the connections.

Good luck!
Doug