Pending Toronto Viper Purchase

John_Cassels

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm in a financial position to finally purchase a Viper and I've started the search for a 2nd generation RT/10. I've gone and seen a few cars, acquired the VINs from the owners, started getting insurance quotes, etc.

I was hoping to find someone reputable in the Toronto, Ontario region to do an inspection. I've gone through a series of searches through the forums and haven't been able to find a thread discussing a good tech/person to consult in the Toronto, Ontario area. I've also checked out the Viper Club of Ontario site but I didn't find anything too probative. Any names, referrals, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

As well, I've read on the forums that taking a CARFAX at face value is not a good idea and that getting the VIN run by a Chrysler employee is the best way to acquire a given Viper's history. Any recommendations on how to get this done? Can I just walk into a dealership, tell them I'm looking at purchasing a used Viper, and hand them a VIN?

I want to add too that I'm not adverse to buying from south of the border, but it definitely adds a few more facets and some costs to the whole procedure.

Lastly, given my nonexistant experience and status when it comes to the Viper community at large, any pieces of wisdom, advice, etc. whatever you want to call it are very much appreciated. I want to make sure I get this right because this is something I've been dreaming of for a long, long time.

Sorry to inundate you with questions but I couldn't be more jacked up to get the ball rolling but I want to make sure it's done properly.

Thanks

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Reg has a top notch Viper tech. Garrett Nalepka in the Toronto area, here is his info. and good luck.

Reg Nemick owner and a VCA member of Raceway Chrysler.
150 Rexdale Blvd. Toronto,
416-743-9900
[email protected]

V

Venomiss

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point!

So you are aware of it, all yellow cars came "factory tuned" as part of the yellow paint package. Good for 10-15 HP depending on model. ;):hitfan:

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point!

So you are aware of it, all yellow cars came "factory tuned" as part of the yellow paint package. Good for 10-15 HP depending on model. ;):hitfan:

Finally a yellow owner proofs their cars aren't as fast as the beautiful red ones!! With it's 10-15HP they will be lots slower as the standard, not tuned, whopping 450 horses which you get in a red one!!!:headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang