Philadelphia International Auto Show - Guess What? No Viper

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really trying to be open minded about the Gen III Viper so I take a 1/2 day off to go to the show and to my dismay, no Viper - *** is that all about? Guess the Philadelphia market just isn't worth DC's investment.

IMO, the stars of the show were the 911 Turbo and the Acura NSX. The new Lambo is a big fat joke, while you might want to consider becoming a man-**' if you get behind the wheel of the F355 Spyder.

I am totally disappointed in DC.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that stinks, was looking forward to hopefully seeing one there tomorrow. Been looking forward to it all week, I guess now I won't be disappointed when I go there.
Thanks for the heads up. I guess I will still go anyway. Probably will have to wait to Chryslers in Carlisle to see one now.
I am really SURPRISED!! What is up with DC????????????
frown.gif

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very typical of the Philly show. It is held too close time-wise to Detroit and all the good things go there. The folks that run the show in Philly will not move the date. We work with the TV & radio stations, and there are always free tickets at our place....I still don't go. The New York show is much better. Incidentally, I went to NY last year to see the SRT...it was there. In fact, if memory serves me, the SRT was at NY the year before as well.

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even The Omaha Intl. Auto Show had an 03 Viper... probably because a very prominent Viper nut lives <FONT COLOR="Blue"><FONT size="4">" just a country mile north of Omaha in BLAIR Nebraska"</FONT s> </FONT c>isn't that right Mr. Woodchuck... I couldn't help but peek under the Dodge tag on the back of the car. Sure enough the all too familiar white and blue dealer tag lay underneath.

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's PA for you. The state and businesses are living in the dark ages. The motto, we'll do things the same ol' way we've always done 'em. Don't hassle us with changes and tough for you if you don't like it. I've never lived in an area that is so backwards and unprogressive...

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
The San Diego Auto Show last week didn't have an '03 SRT/10 either, just a blue GTS. The Dodge guy said the auto shows were all overlaping now so they couldn't be at all of them. If I wanted to see one I could drive to LA. The only reason I went was to see if the '03 looked any better live than it does in the pictures. Bummer!

OP
OP
A

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by motomike:

I've never lived in an area that is so backwards and unprogressive...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to see you're still around Mike. Pocono in March with PDA?

motomike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see your posting, Joe. Yes, Pocono in April and then May. Then some other events hopefully through the summer.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tlked to a friend today who said that he did see the new Viper at the show in Philly. I was not there, so I don't know for sure...but he said he saw it. (Didn't like it either.) And Motomike...don't say PA is no good because of the Philly Auto Show. The Auto Show is sponsored by the Auto Trade Association...not PA itself. PA is a great state, er, commonwealth.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala