Photo ops in Phoenix

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a fairly new Viper owner from TX. A friend and I are going to road trip to the Phoenix/Sedona area soon. We plan to take lots of pictures while there and I'm very interested in lots of photo ops where I could include my Viper in the shot with a scenic backdrop. Any suggested areas where I could park the car close enough to be included in the pics would be greatly appreciated! This will be our first trip to your fair city...

OP
OP
C

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone? Any suggestions at all would he helpful and very much appreciated!

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The So Cal and Az Clubs just got back from Sedona. It is absolutely beautiful. We had lunch at the Slide Rock State Park and there are some really cool pictures that can be had there. Time of day will make a big difference. There are a ton of great places to shoot pictures there. Check my website to see some of the pictures from our trip. http://www.kouchicentral.com

You won't be disappointed. Have a great time and enjoy!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not really the type to know the answer to your question; but, I'll give some input. In the Phoenix area, the drive out to Tortilla flats is scenic and gets you out of the city. I don't know whether there are very many opportunuties to pull off for backdrops for a Viper photo; but, I'd recommend the drive to check it out. map link.

Rich Link

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for not getting back to you until now - but as Lance said, we just were there last weekend, the trees are turning, and it was gorgeous! If you want the typical Sedona 'rocks' shots, just drive off the main drags, into the residential neighborhoods, there is a lot of elevation change so you might be able to get a good pic there. Another suggestion is to go to the Sedona Airport - it's up on a hill, you can get good shots there, or on the drive up. If you want the trees and cliffs - go up Oak Creek Canyon (on 89A past Slide Rock Park). If you continue on this route toward Flagstaff, there is also a Scenic Overlook on the right-hand side, that is usually very crowded (we didn't even attempt to stop there with 27 Vipers), and don't know if you could get your car isolated enough to get a good pic, but might be worth a shot.

OP
OP
C

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you SOOOO MUCH gentlemen! This is exactly the info I was looking for and it will definitely make my trip up that way memorable! 02 Graphite GTS, I checked out a couple of the links on your web site and the pictures are amazing! I'm at work now but I definitely intend to spend much more time admiring your work later!!! Thanks again!

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a big time rookie. But when you have a subject to shoot that is naturally photogenic, the pictures ALWAYS look good :2tu:

Have a great time and see if you can hook up with some of the AZ members. They are really cool.

Also, if you happen to be there on a saturday night, they introduced us to the McDonalds Car show in Scottsdale. Definitely worth checking out.

OP
OP
C

Clyde

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to close the loop on this old thread, a friend and I have finally got our schedules together to take this trip! We will be leaving San Antonio on the 15th, we'll spend the night in Albuquerque, the next day and night in Sedona taking plenty of pics (stills and GoPro video), up to Monument Valley for more pics and a night there, then he wants to go to Vegas and Tucson before we head back to SA! We will put LOTS of miles on the Viper, but it will probably be the most memorable road trip I've been on yet! If we were spending more time in the Sedona-area and it was a weekend, I'd see if anybody local would like to get together. Our schedule isn't cast in stone though. I'll post pics when we get back though. Thanks again for all the input.

Rich Link

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clyde,
Glad to hear you finally got your trip planned! Should be good timing on the leaves turning in the Oak Creek Canyon (maybe a week or so early?). That will be a great trip, temperatures are moderating, should be clear skiies. If you come through Phoenix, or stay in Tucson and have time to get together, let me know and I'll see if any of the local members can meet you.

Rich