Thanks again guys.

Tony, what trans are you running now?
Edit: I know its the 6060, but how is it holding up and do you think
its a no brainer over any built T56?

Last edited:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is seriously one of the best Vipers I have ever seen and definaately the cleanest engine bay! BTW, love the valve covers...I have the exact same ones on my car :)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again guys.

Tony, what trans are you running now?
Edit: I know its the 6060, but how is it holding up and do you think
its a no brainer over any built T56?

No issues so far...I think the clutch is dragging a little slowing my shifting down. Had that before too. There is someone else with a TT that has busted a few built transmissions (5th gear) that may be installing one. That will be a good test. I'm chicken for 5th on the street around here.
The feel of shifting this one is a big plus. I don't realize it until I get in another car with a stock transmission and it feels like the throw is twice as long. I still have the stock shifter too. Maybe you can drive Chad's car.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now THAT is kickass! I have the same valve covers and they're a nightmare to keep clean, but I like what you did with the powdercoating and sanding. I may try that.

However, if anyone thinks they want valve covers like that, PM me. It wouldn't take much convincing for me to trade for stock ones.

I WANNA TT NAO!

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now THAT is kickass! I have the same valve covers and they're a nightmare to keep clean, but I like what you did with the powdercoating and sanding. I may try that.

However, if anyone thinks they want valve covers like that, PM me. It wouldn't take much convincing for me to trade for stock ones.

I WANNA TT NAO!

Jason you drive a twin turbo you will be ruined. I remember my first ride in a UGR twin turbo. At the time my car had a full paxton setup. I didn't even take it back home with me. Instead I told Kevin to keep it and switch it to turbos.:D

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No issues so far...I think the clutch is dragging a little slowing my shifting down. Had that before too. There is someone else with a TT that has busted a few built transmissions (5th gear) that may be installing one. That will be a good test. I'm chicken for 5th on the street around here.
The feel of shifting this one is a big plus. I don't realize it until I get in another car with a stock transmission and it feels like the throw is twice as long. I still have the stock shifter too. Maybe you can drive Chad's car.

Our driving season is about over, so I'll let some of you guys beat the 6060 up this winter:) The one thing I loved about the 6060 when I drove Canal's 08 ACR was how nice it shifted. My trans feels so notchy, like it takes too much effort between shifts. Can everything for the swap be supplied by you Tony? The ring gears etc.?

I WANNA TT NAO!

Thanks! The valve covers are A LOT easier to take care of now. The black crinkle powder coat on them is really hard and durable. I wish I could find the same pair that says "twin turbo." I know there were a few of them back a few years ago.

Instead I told Kevin to keep it and switch it to turbos.:D
Modifying these cars are a damn disease....

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FINALLY!!! Very sweet! :2tu: Try to get some good seat time in within the next couple weeks before winter weather sets in. :( Looking forward to seeing her in person.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our driving season is about over, so I'll let some of you guys beat the 6060 up this winter:) The one thing I loved about the 6060 when I drove Canal's 08 ACR was how nice it shifted. My trans feels so notchy, like it takes too much effort between shifts. Can everything for the swap be supplied by you Tony? The ring gears etc.?

Thanks! The valve covers are A LOT easier to take care of now. The black crinkle powder coat on them is really hard and durable. I wish I could find the same pair that says "twin turbo." I know there were a few of them back a few years ago.

Modifying these cars are a damn disease....

You ain't kidding!!! I did put 200 miles on mine today though.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wish you guys would stop bumpin this thread.... its gonna cost me if you keep this up !!

JayW1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how you are going to make it through the winter without getting to drive that thing much. I would be going nuts. You should have left it in Florida for a while. It will be perfect driving weather in about a month down here.

Congrats!

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice... I am surprised you didn't go with water to air... But I guess your also not in Florida... What turbos did you get? I have the 4094r's on mine... How is your leg with the new clutch.. I have the same one.. and it is quite the workout... Love the wheels by the way...

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice... I am surprised you didn't go with water to air... But I guess your also not in Florida... What turbos did you get? I have the 4094r's on mine... How is your leg with the new clutch.. I have the same one.. and it is quite the workout... Love the wheels by the way...

Hmm, ya know I assume they were the 94R's, but I'd have to check that they are not the 88R's. I do remember the A/R being 0.95.

Yea, the McCleod has a stiffer feel, LOL. Although I am happy with it. Almost zero chatter (I have to really drag it out in slow moving traffic to get it to chatter). I would love to have a Tilton, but couldn't justify the price at this point.

Do you have any pics etc. of your setup?

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still in the works.. I have a Gen 3, so its a little different. From what I remember there a pretty big difference between the 88's and the 94's.. Not much room really to fit.

Were breaking in the motor N/A right now. I will post pics soon. :)