Pics of European SRT-10 Exhaust system

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks,

Visited the Vienna car show this weekend and took some pics of the Euro spec SRT-10.
The car had some rear exhausts installed (4 chrome pipes). Looked OK from the rear. Also had 2 extra small round lights in the back. Fog lights, I assume.

244DSC00121.JPG

The upsetting thing was that they just but a honey comb maze in front of the side exhausts. How cheap can you go ? They are asking 110.000 Euro for this car (140K at current exhange rates). Guess that profit margin allows for a Euro spec side sill, doesn't it ?

244DSC00122.JPG

As far as other cars is concerned : still think the Murci is the best looking thing out there. The Mercedes SLR was also neat. Liked the long hood. Kinda like the Viper.
Apart from that, a lot of small, high revving cars. Overpriced on top. Wow ! This definitely is a different world.

Greetings from Austria !

244DSC00127.JPG

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy, just slapping a cover on the side exhaust outlet hole is really cheap. And the rear exhaust has a very tacked on look to boot. All in all, it appears to be a backyard job done with parts from K-Mart.

And why does the Euro version cost so much more than the US version?

OP
OP
Y

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything is more expensive over here.
I brought all my toys from the US.
Will use 'em here for 2 to 3 years and then come back to the US and load up on new toys :)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in the UK we have this lovely thing called VAT (Tax) and Import duty, which means we have to pay an extra 27.5% on everything that is imported.... new or old

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Yves. They could do so much better on that side sill, oh well...

Neil, that tax seems excessive, not to mention, something which should be a trade violation...

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil, that tax seems excessive, not to mention, something which should be a trade violation...

I agree, if it was added only to imports (but it is applied to all goods). Similar to our sales tax but much higher. You can say it offsets the need for other taxation, which is true, but that is a ******* to deal with from a trade violation perspective. No 2 countries have identical tax systems and levels of taxation. Creating an adjustment to compensate would be a total nightmare.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our sales tax is 17.5%, so when we go out of Europe every thing is cheap espically the USA (great exchange rate for us as well, at the moment), glad we didnt convert to Euros and stuck with our old fashioned £'s

We do get ripped off by our dealerships, a rear bumper comes in at $12,5K !!
that why most of us buy all our parts from the US.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, if it was added only to imports (but it is applied to all goods). Similar to our sales tax but much higher. You can say it offsets the need for other taxation, which is true, but that is a ******* to deal with from a trade violation perspective. No 2 countries have identical tax systems and levels of taxation. Creating an adjustment to compensate would be a total nightmare.

Well, he says 17.5% is sales tax, so I'm guessing the other 10% is the import duty, seems like a trade violation to me, but since it exists, it probably isn't for some reason.

Anders Dahlquist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That exhaust definitively looks tart.
I bought mine from an importer here in Switzerland for 110'000$ instead of 140'000$ as they plan and I have the side exhaust.
I don't think Mercedes see with a good eye Dodge coming to Europe. Especially the new supercar puts the Mercedes supertoy out in the weeds.
I am surprised in fact that the German guys who run Chrysler and PVO did it. It shows that individuals can work with their heart and not with their passport!!
Anders
Geneva/Switzerland
02 GTS(for sale)
03 SRT

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang