Pics of my Calipers for Big Brake Upgrade..........

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Calipers came back today from Powder coating at R&J. They nailed the exact yellow I was looking for. Turn around time was good and they were packaged well. I'm waiting for my 14" rotors and pads to come in and then Dave and I will do the install. I will install while Dave (Big Brakes) does the supervisorial thing. Dave's Big Brake Upgrade should be an awesome upgrade for my ACR. Both from a safety point of view and from an appearance upgrade point of view. The huge Brembo units (all 4 are BIG)should stand out nicely with 14" rotors and my Chrome ACR wheels.

Here is the car they are going on and some pics of the calipers after I coated them with Wheel Wax. :usa:

100852_9_060002ACR-med.jpg

10085Calipers_as_they_arrived_2_060017-med.JPG

10085Calipers_as_they_arrived_2_060016-med.JPG

10085Calipers_as_they_arrived_2_060015-med.JPG

10085Calipers_as_they_arrived_2_060013-med.JPG

10085Calipers_as_they_arrived_2_060011-med.JPG

:usa:

Flash Gordon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm no concours guy, but holy fawk that is a lesson in how it's done. Absolutely incredible looking car. Ima go punch the clown now....

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang !! ok, I gotta admit, that ACR logo on the calipers is F'ing sweet. I would have NEVER thought to do that.. dang Mike, you defintely hooked it up right.

Also, keep in mind, with your choice of silver lettering on the caliper, it means it probably will yellow with track use. But since your a poser, you should be A O K !! :laugh:

Cant wait to see photos !!

Jon

PS. Always remember, I have 1st right of refusal, if you ever decide to sell my bad boy ;-)

OP
OP
D

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

9am for the ACR caliper install :cool:

Yes sir! It's too bad you won't let me do both front and rear's in 1 day. :(

I have to drive for a week with the new big stud brakes on the front and the poor, puny, miniscule, inept brakes on the rear. :smirk:

:usa:

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very NICE..... Love the yellow calipers ...sweet.
I had thoughts about doing the same, how much for the powder coating?

Viper87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RACECARS, That is one awesome viper you've got yourself :nana:
-Mike :nana:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH, DONT FORGET TO REUSE THE SPEED BLEEDERS IN THE NEW CALIPERS. You might need to buy 1 more set, for the rear, since a 2002 only has one bleeder per rear caliper, and the srt-10 calipers have 2 each, I believe.

Jon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte