Pics of My Lemke 3-Piece, Finally! Lol!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I've Been Away for Awhile & Hope these Pics will Turn Out, If Not I'll Have to Re-Size Them!

Attachments

• DSC01052.jpg
    DSC01052.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC01041.jpg
    DSC01041.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC01044.jpg
    DSC01044.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC01048.jpg
    DSC01048.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 240

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks amazing. By far best RT top out there. I have to ask what's the Duck Dynasty affiliation? I've seen it in your location but now the Viper next to this big trailer??

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey T, Glad to see You're Still Around Bro.! Lol! To ME, the Lemke Top Makes ALL the Difference in the World! I HATE the OEM Top, it Looks Like A Dang BAD Hair Piece but I Always Wanted the RT/10 Because Without the Top You Can't Beat it & Now, With the Lemke Top on it You Can't Beat It (But that's Just Me, I Know Most Guys Prefer the GTS) There's NOTHING Like Taking Your Top Off & Cruising During the Summer Time in the South! jmo! As Far as the Duck Dynasty Connection I Live right around the corner from Them & Their Business! I Don't RUN with Them But they are Close By & their Church is Down the Road from My House, But I Don't Go to Their Church! They REALLY are Good People though, NOT Fake @ALL! jmo!

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks amazing. By far best RT top out there. I have to ask what's the Duck Dynasty affiliation? I've seen it in your location but now the Viper next to this big trailer??
T, I JUST Thought about This when I Saw You're in Mich. I Took these Pics Today & was Fixin' to Take One & this Guy came up next to me & said, Man Wouldn't You Love to Take A Spin in That Car, I Turned to Him & Said That's MY Car & He Said Oh, I thought You was just A Visitor like Me & Taking Pics! Lol! But, He Was From Michigan, I Didn't Ask Him from What Part, But He Said They Had some Relatives in Winnsboro which is About 40 Minutes from Here & HAD to Come & See Where the DD Guys Are! Lol!

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As A Matter of Fact about People KNOWING Where West Monroe, La. Is NOW! I Remember When I Was In SF, Calif. right Before I Got Married A LONG Time Ago & I Was Riding the Trolley (I Have A Really Bad Southern Drawl) & some **** on the Trolley asked Me Where I Was From & I Said La. & He Asked Me WHAT State was It In? HaHa, at the Time My Bro. was A Cop out there & told Me Anytime ANYBODY Out Here Ask you where you're from Again, Just Tell Them You're from Texas & They WON'T Screw With You Again! Lol! I'll NEVER Forget That!

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, that's A Beautiful Car! My NEXT one Will be B/W, I Just Can't Decide if it's Going to Be A Newer One OR A 96-97! I've NEVER Really Liked the Newer Ones Because of the Ole' Stigma of Looking too much like the Vette's But I've REALLY Changed My Thinking A LOT, Just Because of the MANY Upgrades! Lol!

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking viper! How long did it take to get the top, do the latches work better than factory, do you bother keeping the factory top now? Thanks

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great!! Can you take some pics of how it fits in the trunk next time you take it off?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks GREAT! I have always thought this top looks the best on an R/T....... Pic # 3....is my issue with this top. I've had mine for about 4 years now? Water always leaks through that GAP spot and my God my top rattles and squeeks like crazy! So i'm constantly adjusting it. I absolutely love my 3 piece top so i'm not knocking it..BUT it has it's issues. I think I need to redo all the seals on mine, around the top sections that meet the car and in between each top piece. The squeeks drive me nuts! It's like i'm fighting the War on Squeeks & Rattles!

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking viper! How long did it take to get the top, do the latches work better than factory, do you bother keeping the factory top now? Thanks
Thanks Oilman! It Took them Over 3 Months to Do Mine, But I Did Tell Jeff that I Wasn't in A Big Rush & Also He was Pretty Busy with His New Car He Had Just Built (I Think its the Falcon7). Took My Body Guys Awhile to Get it to Fit Correctly & Them Paint It (Jeff Doesn't Paint them Anymore Because He Said They Had too Many Issues with Them Chipping or Getting Scratched Up During Delivery). Also, Oilman I Just Put My Old Top & My Soft Top for Sale in the Classifieds, Just Wanting Someone to Make Me A Offer On One or Both (BOTH are in Mint Condition)!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks GREAT! I have always thought this top looks the best on an R/T....... Pic # 3....is my issue with this top. I've had mine for about 4 years now? Water always leaks through that GAP spot and my God my top rattles and squeeks like crazy! So i'm constantly adjusting it. I absolutely love my 3 piece top so i'm not knocking it..BUT it has it's issues. I think I need to redo all the seals on mine, around the top sections that meet the car and in between each top piece. The squeeks drive me nuts! It's like i'm fighting the War on Squeeks & Rattles!
I've ALWAYS thought this was the ONLY Top That Looked Like it's the One that Should Have Came on them from the Factory! jmo! There's some other Decent Ones Out there, But Do Not Look as Snug as these Do & Has the Lil' Scoop on Top! JUCD, You are Right about the Squeeks though! Lol! I Haven't Done Any Ajustments Yet, But I've Heard there's some kind of Oil or Lube You can Put on it to Help Reduce the Squeeks. As Far as the Leaks Goes, Mine Doesn't See the Rain so I'm Not Really that Concerned about that (when I Wash it, its Not Usually Dirty, Just Dusty so I Just Spray A Fine Mist Over It)!

mad prof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mattdillon, the Viper looks awesome with the Lemke top. Could you please share Jeff's contact details, as I would like to order one for my 1996 RT10!!

Anyway, congradulations and enjoy the summer!

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just two more, do you think you need to lower the seat and how much$ thanks.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mattdillon, the Viper looks awesome with the Lemke top. Could you please share Jeff's contact details, as I would like to order one for my 1996 RT10!!

Anyway, congradulations and enjoy the summer!
Thanks Prof. Go to Mach7Motorsports & if You want You can pm Me & I Can Give You Jeff's Number, But it should Be somewhere on the Site. You will Most Likely Talk with Carl (Jeff's Dad & A Super Nice Guy). I'm Not Sure if they Make them for the Gen. I, But You Can Call them & Ask! As A Matter of Fact I'd Been Told They Weren't Making Anymore of the 3-Piece Tops since Jeff's New Car Came Out But Just Call Jeff & See What He Says! GL!

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just two more, do you think you need to lower the seat and how much$ thanks.
Oilman, I Haven't Noticed ANY Difference! Cause I'm the Perfect Size for A Viper Driver, Lol! I'm Only 5'11 & 160lbs. As Far as the Height I Guess that would Be the ONLY Gripe, as I Liked the Look of the Bubble Top & it Definitely Gives A Taller Person A Few More Inches, But these Tops Do Give it A Much Lower Looking Profile Also! jmo!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Gerry, you finally got it man! :1up:
I was actually thinking of you waiting on this top and was gonna ask you about... but I didn't want to stir-up a hornets nest. LOL
Glad you got it . Tell Shane I said Hey!
Mike

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Gerry, you finally got it man! :1up:
I was actually thinking of you waiting on this top and was gonna ask you about... but I didn't want to stir-up a hornets nest. LOL
Glad you got it . Tell Shane I said Hey!
Mike
Mike, My Brother! Lol! Man, You've Been there with Me the WHOLE Way! You Know What All I've Went Thru & Done to FINALLY Get Me A Lemke Top! Shane's Doing Good, He'd Been in A Wheel Chair for the Last 6 Months But He is Walking Now & Going to Therapy (He Contacted the MRSA Virus after 2 Osteotomies on His Right Leg, they Cut Off right above the ankle & turned it IN 45 Degrees & Cut Off Right Above His Knee Cap, Femur & Turned it OUT 35 Degrees, so His Right Leg is Pretty Much as Straight as His Left One Now)! He is Back Riding His 4-Wheeler so He's Good! Lol! Good to Be Back My Friend! As, A Matter of Fact We Go Back to Children's Hosp. in Ft. Worth Aug. 15th & I Need to Call Bird325 (Mike), He ALWAYS Came By the Hotel in His VIPER when we were there for Shane's Surgery & Check-Ups & That ALWAYS Made Shane's Day! Just Ask Mike About His Smile, Birdman's the BEST!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, My Brother! Lol! Man, You've Been there with Me the WHOLE Way! You Know What All I've Went Thru & Done to FINALLY Get Me A Lemke Top! Shane's Doing Good, He'd Been in A Wheel Chair for the Last 6 Months But He is Walking Now & Going to Therapy (He Contacted the MRSA Virus after 2 Osteotomies on His Right Leg, they Cut Off right above the ankle & turned it IN 45 Degrees & Cut Off Right Above His Knee Cap, Femur & Turned it OUT 35 Degrees, so His Right Leg is Pretty Much as Straight as His Left One Now)! He is Back Riding His 4-Wheeler so He's Good! Lol! Good to Be Back My Friend! As, A Matter of Fact We Go Back to Children's Hosp. in Ft. Worth Aug. 15th & I Need to Call Bird325 (Mike), He ALWAYS Came By the Hotel in His VIPER when we were there for Shane's Surgery & Check-Ups & That ALWAYS Made Shane's Day! Just Ask Mike About His Smile, Birdman's the BEST!

Glad he's on the 4 wheeler. :1up:
All that he's been thru at so young... he'll be unflappable as an adult!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32