Picture of Viper Fire

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have that picture of VettetoViper's (Texas member) fire when his power steering cap came off? The link in the old posts doesn't work.

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have more pix on CD somewhere, but the only ones still on my site are:

You must be registered for see images

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
Just opening old wounds and sticking salt in them, oh thank you.:(

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Story behind the fire?

Brand new 2001 RT/10, which he'd just traded his fairly new yellow Z06 in for (after much prompting from yours truly). About 10 miles down the road, his friend comments on a weird smell. They pull off the highway at about 12 miles, and immediately fireballs shoot out of the side vents. They scramble to get out (somewhat confused by the Viper's reversed seatbelts). A bystander happens to have a camera.

It is eventually decided the power steering cap came loose and the fluid ignited on the headers. I believe this was never confirmed officially. After some ridiculous behavior on the part of various VCA members, and amazingly, some waffling from DC as to whether this should be treated as a regular old insurance claim -- as well as some rather heroic representation and prodding by other VCA members (I think mainly Steve Furgeson), DC finally agrees this isn't an insurance issue and gives Marc a new Viper.

OP
OP

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you get a hold of Marc(the guy with the fire)...I have something for him?

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which, as I recall, he sold a couple weeks later (haven't heard from him since).

Sorta. He kept the Viper for several months and spent quite a bit on modifications -- then discovered his long-time friend and business partner had been stealing from their jointly-owned business on the side (as I understand the situation anyway), and he was suddenly flat broke and out of business. Bad news. Had to sell everything, and was still in the hole. Lawyers were involved, etc etc.

I heard from him briefly about 8 months ago, just a note to say Hi, but other than that, I don't know what happened to him. I don't know how to contact Marc these days.

Nice guy, and amazing patience considering what happened. I hope he gets everything worked out and rejoins Viperland.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you do a search for any of his post(search for user), you might be able to get an email address. If your lucky, it will still be an active account. Good luck,

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am curious to know how others have learned from this? How do you secure the power steering fuild cap and avoiding this to happen to someone else?

Any recommendations?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Careful, Bonkers is getting a hardon.

I thought that's how you liked seeing us MP? Course I'm not built as well as your fav Bruton, but give me a couple hundred more twinkies and I'll get back to you sweetie...

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought that's how you liked seeing us MP? Course I'm not built as well as your fav Bruton, but give me a couple hundred more twinkies and I'll get back to you sweetie...

By golly, I think he'***** puberty!

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[image]http://[******]/images/graemlins/werd.gif[/image] [image]http://[******]/images/graemlins/smilielol.gif[/image]

I've heard of going too far, but apparently the board filter actually filters URLs, too. Pyscho. Those images have the following URL:

http://[******]/images/graemlins/smilielol.gif

I don't know what the *****s are hiding, but at least the forces of Anality have been well served.

OP
OP

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our website hipoengineering.com is now active and can process orders. We have the solution to the power steering cap fires!
271Reduced_682-thumb.JPG

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody make a cap with some kind of clip to keep it from turning?

2000 GTS Steel Grey
Six piston Bier claws up front, front brakes in back
Quaife Differential, GKH half shafts, alloy fly wheel,
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&N air filters, Optima battery,

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody make a cap with some kind of clip to keep it from turning?

Didn't you see the above from HiPo Engineering?

Secures the cap and in the case of boilover from racing etc allows it to puke on the ground and not on the headers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960