picture post

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I post pictures? I don't have a website of my own. I see them on the post board every day. Is there any way to post without my own url? I have a ton of digital pictures on my computer on various projects that I have done to my Viper and would love to share them with everyone. Help?

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to have you pictures on a server somewhere on the Internet in order for the pictures to show up, there is no way to upload your pictures from your computer to this forum.

Best thing to do would be to use imagestation - www.imagestation.com. They allow you to upload your pictures from your computer. Once they are uploaded, they will give you a URL where you can find the picture. Take that url of the picture and insert it, after pushing the Insert image into your post button (this is in between the email and sound buttons). Hope that helps!

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vipernate:
You need to have you pictures on a server somewhere on the Internet in order for the pictures to show up, there is no way to upload your pictures from your computer to this forum. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VCA members can easily upload pics to this forum, right off thier hard drive...and another way is to create a Gallery in the Media Section for all of your viper related pics!

Now if I could only upload some exhaust wav files of Glen's 2002 Graphite RT/10...I'd be all set! (Anyone???)

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you can simply post the desired pic...it you right click on the pic...then copy the properties...then come back and paste the properties after clicking the "Image" icon...easy as this!

190twins0001-med.jpg

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
I love the way Forum members work together to get things solved. I've been wanting to upload pictures too. There may be other ways, using the VCA photo storage, but the Sony www.imagestation.com website works great (Thanks Nathan!).

You must be registered for see images

a. Just go to the www.imagestation.com site and register. They will immediately email you a code number that allows you to log in.

b. Open a new album, Select the album, then click "Add Images".

c. Open Windows Explorer and select the photos you want to upload. Hook them and drop them into the Sony site target. They will be displayed. Give them names as desired, then select "Continue" and Upload (takes a few minutes), then "accept".

d. Once your photos are on the site, you can open the Album, then click "Next" until you see the picture you want. Right click on it and click on "Properties". Then highlight the URL address that is displayed: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p1b761fc0d6565dcce5c67e1fee91b83b/fcdff5 49.jpg and press CTRL-c to save it.

e. Now in your Forum letter write or edit click on the "Insert image into your post" (#8 icon above the text box). This will open an image address window. Just press CTRL-v to paste the photo's address, then click OK.

f. The proper photo code will be placed at the end of your Forum letter:

[ IMG]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p1b761fc0d6565dcce5c67e1fee91b83b/fcdff549.jpg[/IMG]

If you want it in the middle of the letter, just highlight all the text and press ALT-x to cut it, then click where in your letter you want the picture, and press ALT-v to restore the photo code there.

Happy New Year! Curt

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Curt,

Doesn't look like the snake got scratched up too bad! Was this a recent pic, after your OTE? (Off Track Excursion)

If this pic is after the rain incident, then you got off "easy", which is a very good thing....

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
Don't want to steal the thread here Vic, but unfortunately that picture was pre-incident. Here's another photo demo (ouch!), but all will be well again in three weeks... Curt

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still consider you lucky if that is all that you go away with. I read the original post and it sounded worse. Thanks for all the help with my pic posts. I am not slow learner
confused.gif
. I am just a car guy not a computer guy.
showphoto.php

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See this is what happens when I try to insert an image into the post from my album. I am going to try imagestation and see where that gets me.

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
Gerald, I just tried it using the Viper Gallery too, and you are right, it is just as easy. The extra step getting set up to use this Gallery is compensated for by having all the uploaded pictures available for other VCA members to peruse.
Here is a picture of Viper with a bit of her skirt up, showing the very exotic, light underbody that lies beneath the skin. Fascinating! No wonder it is so light (I hope to never see it again!).
Curt
188ViperUnskinned-med.jpg

FLYNG LOW WITH REAR QUARTER, BUMPER, TRUNK AND SILL OFF

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the VCA Media section and was trying to upload a pic, but it said I exceeded the 200kb. What do I do now. Even on email how do I make the pic smaller?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flyng Low:
Bump, so we don't have to repeat it all again. This system works fast and easy using the Sony website.
Curt
bounce.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works well with SonyImageStation...but works just as well if you create your own <FONT COLOR="blue">viper</FONT c> Image Gallery within the VCA's Media Section
yesnod.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen