Pictures of the SRT Version ??

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There have been so many posts of pictures but I can't find any of the SRT Viper, all I see is the GTS. If I recall the SRT Viper has different hood vents.. the looked like Gen 4 louvers.. is there a link ?? Thanks !!

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Storm, there are some great images in this video. Shows the hood and a silver color. Now, I love what the styling guys did with the car personally, but I get a little annoyed with all of the "everything is functional" lines just because; A) I would ASSUME that everything would be functional; and B) it's not completely true. If it were, then every styling change, like the hood on the SRT model, would require some functional explanation like, "The SRT model generates more heat." So, while I really really love what they've done, it's clear, even in little details like this, that their whole campaign with the new car is targeted towards a non-Viper crowd. Those people might not assume that everything is functional, but for me I was like, "well, duh." :)

http://vimeo.com/39653329

Last edited:

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the SRT version hood, if you're talking about the clay car with the silver hood. It looks like a prototype version, integrading the 2008+ hood into the new design. The one they went with seems more like two ********* vents, instead of the 2008+ seperate vents in a row.

You must be registered for see images

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wood have the black vents painted the same color of the viper i think it wood look better?

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not the SRT version hood, if you're talking about the clay car with the silver hood. It looks like a prototype version, integrading the 2008+ hood into the new design. The one they went with seems more like two ********* vents, instead of the 2008+ seperate vents in a row.
Excellent point! I really hope they don't go with the all black vents. Maybe that's part of the carbon package?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see the SRT hood in person. It looks pretty sweet in the pic. Carbon vents huh? That would be sweet!!! Maybe the aftermarket could come up with it in SRT doesn't,

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If those vents are carbon, I would seriously consider painting them body color to match the body colored tail light surround already coming on the SRT. The press release stuff says that those items are painted black, so I suspect the vents will be too

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If those vents are carbon, I would seriously consider painting them body color to match the body colored tail light surround already coming on the SRT. The press release stuff says that those items are painted black, so I suspect the vents will be too

There's a carbon exterior appearance package that's an option on the SRT model.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope the SRT Viper image shown in this thread is not the real thing. Are there any actual photos of the hood out there? I would rather see 6 individual vents in the hood, like the Gen 4. This image looks like a couple of slabs of ribs on the hood, IMHO. It also look like more than 6 vents. Having said that, what it is, is......

Bill

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that I missed something in the release and various threads in this section? Are there more than one version of new Viper other than the GTS and the GTS-R shown at the unveiling ?

I thought that the GTS unveiled is the "SRT" version, i.e., it is an SRT not a Dodge.

edit, OK a little research tells me there will be a base model and a GTS model; but, I didn't get that there will be styling differences ?

Last edited:

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that I missed something in the release and various threads in this section? Are there more than one version of new Viper other than the GTS and the GTS-R shown at the unveiling ?
I thought that the GTS unveiled is the "SRT" version, i.e., it is an SRT not a Dodge.
edit, OK a little research tells me there will be a base model and a GTS model; but, I didn't get that there will be styling differences ?

There are quite a few exterior differences between the models depending on options . Here's a link to the spec sheet for both cars: http://bjmotors.biz/images/2013-srt-viper-spec-sheet.pdf

As for the hood the spec sheet states, "...with six air extrators" for the SRT hood. Other significant exterior styling differences seem to be 1) black brake calipers (SRT) vs. Red (GTS), 2) the brake ducts front and rear...body color (SRT) and piano black (GTS) unless you get the carbon packages, 3) different hoods (per this thread), 4) wheel options (no venom wheels like on the reveal car for the SRT), 5) stripe pattern (full nose covered on SRT, stops short on GTS), 5) Color option (Stryker red paint is GTS only), 6) headlamps (black for SRT and hyper black for GTS), 7) carbon rear surround is GTS only carbon package, 8) matte black finish on the track wheels are GTS only.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm... base model is not the vert model? Vert and Coupe, always been those 2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21