please describe handeling on a 06srt coupe?

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi i might be purchasing a 06 new srt coupe black with silver stripes.have not driven one yet i have driven the convertibles.how would you compare the handeling from the 02 gts.i do high speed driving on freeways quite often.drove the ford gt very stable at speeds above 150 but dont want to shell out the extra bucks for that car,the viper is where i want to stay at and love the look of it.have owned vipers in the past 94,96,97 and felt scary at speeds above 150.i currently drive a lambo diablo vt and love how it feels at those speeds.

thanks

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I have had Gen 1 Vipers, Gen 2 Vipers and 2 SRT10s and loved them both(still have one).....the SRT10 did everything I wanted in a car.....just got a new coupe and have yet to wring it out, but it just feels stronger, solid, exhaust sound is terrific, best Viper I have owned yet...very happy owner

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is deliberate in its handling for the street; look, point and shoot.

It has slight oversteer on the track and gives me more confidence in the first track session than my 06 Corvette Z06 did in about 5-6 sessions until I learn the Vettes characteristics..

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a black with stripes...its ugly, so you should pick another color combo!

But seriously, I have had mine up to 180 and the faster you go the better it gets. Its totally different from the GenII's. Cruising at 150 is where the car is the happiest.

Get it...they are bulletproof.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had my gen 3 vert up to 160 at Pocono and it was rock steady. Even going through the the banked turns at 115 mph was no problem. Probably could have gone even faster.