Please help! Broke a half shaft

Chinook47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it was a bad first experience at the track. I went saturday to run with my friend and his C5 ZO6 for the first time, and the first run of the day after i launched it pretty low (around 1.5, 2k) I snapped my drive side half shaft.
I heard this was common for modded cars, but mine is completely stock so I really didn't see this coming. I guess its time to upgrade them to some unitrax before I try this again, but in the mean time does anyone have a stock one laying around I could buy from you? I just cant drop a grand right now, and dont like having my baby broken in the garage :(

OP
OP
C

Chinook47

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that stinks

how much tracking do you do?

street tires?

our vendors should be able to help too,

maybe post your request here: http://forums.viperclub.org/whatcha-need-your-snake/

This was the first time I have ever had it to the track, I use to take my old car once in a while, but never with the viper.

It was really cold out (30's) so I didnt think i would hook up that well with my PS2's but I guess they did pretty well.

Thanks for the link!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was the first time I have ever had it to the track, I use to take my old car once in a while, but never with the viper.

It was really cold out (30's) so I didnt think i would hook up that well with my PS2's but I guess they did pretty well.

Thanks for the link!

Street tires tend to hop more than slicks - that could b e the reason.