please make this drivers side floor mat stop moving ! ! !

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what do these Mat-Loc clips lock onto? Looks like they'll hold the mats but destroy the carpet.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drilled a small hole in the floor a couple of inches in front of the seat.
If you didn't use any corrosion spray, then that would be a good starting point for it.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

i got the GGbailey.com MAT-LOC clips and i think they are gonna work out fine.

jk, thanx a lot for the heads up on these.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got these Llyoyd Mats for my SRT/10. Black on black, and their carpet screws work great.

4030DSC02770-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the problem is not just the mat moving, but it bends right in the area right under the accelerator pedal.
Even if it does not move it still has a "hill" that can make the accelerator pedal stay at WOT.
What I did was buy a piece of 1/16" thick aluminum plate, cut a 6" long by 3" wide, and glued it with gorilla glue to the underside of the floor mat right in the area where it always bends (after I removed the little **** with a razor blade to settle the alum. piece).
This made the mat heavier, and stiffer, so no more movement, and no more bending.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those mats move as well, and bunch up, it just takes more time than standard mats. Maybe they won't for you guys who never drive your cars, but trust me, enough miles and they will move. I tried the floor mat clips from Pep Boys on these and they worked "okay" but just ended up being trouble (hard to install, hard to clamp on the thick mats, hard to vacuum out the floorboard, etc.).

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what do you suggest slaughteri? I'm not going to order the expensive replacement mats if they are going to do the same thing....

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The expensive mats are nice, and move less, but will eventually bunch up under the peddle. If you are going to be a Sunday driver with only a couple thousand miles a year, it might not end up being a problem. If you are a daily driver or close to it, then I would consider some of the methods suggested herein other than the clamps. The clamps seem like a good idea, and maybe work well with the thinner mats to grab them, but they are hard to actually insert into the carpet and then hold the thick mats. I would consider one of the grommet/eyelet suggestions, or as the one guy did, bond something rigid to the back of it near where it folds upward to prevent it from being able to shift forward and bunch up.

I just sold my RT (85k miles on it, 80k of them mine), and went through a couple of sets of the thick mats after my original stock set went out, and only tried the thick mats, and then the second time, tried the clamps.

For my SRT, the stock mats I got came with a little kit with something akin the clamps in the sense of the part that you push into the floor carpet, but a much easier design, as well as a stud on the top of this piece that you snap the mat into. I have yet to have a problem with that, but only have done a few thousand miles with it, so we'll see.