POLL: Satisfied with this board?

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have spoken with many who feel that they are unhappy with the way that the "hidden mods" have been handling the mysterious dissappearance of posts and threads. Now when I say "hidden mods" its not Tony Rickard, Michael Pierce, or Y2KGTS. I know they arent behind this.

Members are angered that there is still no explanation on why perfectly good threads are being yanked. We guess that it is to protect some secret agenda between DC and the VCA site. Members are angered that the thread in the off topic section is now locked. They are angered taht we are not treated with even enough respect as to give us an explanation. One already is so fed up that they are no longer participating. Another is so fed up that he asked me if we should boycott the board. So my question is, how many of you feel that you are being treated unfairly? Opinons wanted!

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously, I think we should be free to post whatever we want (as long as it's not offensive to others). Deleting posts for no real reason is not fair at all. To answer SmokinV10's question, we aren't being treated fairly if our threads are being locked or deleted.

Sean

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just give us our viper alley and leave us be.
embarass.gif
Fooley can be the mod... he needs a job anyway...
bounce.gif

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say I am with Smokin' on this one. I am not asking for a board where anyone can post anything, but if legitimate posts are being removed then something is not right. By legitimate I mean posts that are not X rated, not racist, and not attacking any one person or their beliefs. I really don't care if they are about Vipers or not. We do have an off topic section. I have stated before I come here for different reasons.....

1. Viper related facts, support, and technical info.
2. To have fun sharing stories with people with the same interests.
3. To get away from my everyday life and spend some time with "friends". Have a few laughs, the MORE the better.

IF people are having their posts yanked for illegitimate reasons then YES they are being treated unfairly. I cannot say if my posts have ever been removed, I don't follow them that closely, and I post so much that sometimes I forget where I posted.

OP
OP
S

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -RUNNR:
oh what a wickedly curvy road you travel
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I honestly believe that Im sticking my neck out. But Im doing so out of an honest, serious, desire to improve things around here. I beleive if those in charge read this they may be motivated to change their ways or at least come to some "common ground" with the masses. I am going to guess that many may not be happy with this thread, but then again, I havent really done anything wrong. Just an honest posting of opinions in a constructive manner. Hopefully this should be well within board guidelines.

The Joker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If mods are pulling threads for no reason other than they don't like someone then I think they have abused their role and their role has no integrity?

If they ban me, Oh well I'll just go back over to the Cobra Club with all those old guys...j/k to the old guys The guy that runs the site and owns the site, is a stand up guy in my book. He shows his respect by explaining why he yanks something. If certain mods continue to conduct themselves in the manner that they are, the situation will only get worse. They further lower themselves into the depths of “no integrity” and pis s more and more people off.

It is my opinion that if any of the hidden mods fall under the above description, then they hurt the board far more than any person screaming some smack. The moderators no longer represent or stand up for the rules outlined in this board, they represent themselves and hijacked the board to only have topics that they prefer. So we have hidden hijackers among us playing power trips.

I just feel sorry for the guys that pay their dues so a select few can run around in the dark to accomplish their own personal agenda.

So are you getting what you paid for???????

OP
OP
S

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Originally posted by SmokinV10:
But Im doing so out of an honest, serious, desire to improve things around here.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That has to be THE FUNNIEST thing you have ever written!!!
laugh.gif

I have well over 100K posts stored locally on my hard drive, and I would imagine a search of YOURS alone (YOU know which ones I am talking about) would show just how much you want to improve things around here.

My 2 cents...if it doesn't benefit the car, club, or members....it isn't worthy. Do I moderate that way? Not always...but I know that I will not tolerate any attacks on fellow owners/members like I witnessed recently. I'm pretty fair and even-handed....so if I think someone is getting blasted...well, you know what they say about smoke!!
smile.gif
Where there is SmokinV10 there MUST be fire!
rofl.gif
&lt;---Craig's new smilie!

Tony,
Although I am known as the rowdy character on the board. There are times when I am serious. You and I have talked on the phone and I appreciate all the things you have done to help me out. I think you can probably tell that im a pretty reasonable character in person, and that I can be serious. This is one of those times. I dont see why it is so hard for some to step forward and just offer us a simple, HONEST explanation. Maybe open it up for discussion, just a little and offer a small amount of compromise. Thats all we have asked for. Nothing more. I dont want a free-for-all, just some fairness and some reasoning to activity that currently seems abnormal and unfair.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
smokin, you might think that pierce is not the one who pulls all the threads. And you might be right. But I've been telling you guys that he HAS been pulling mine for no reason for sometime. I now have the proof of it. Proof that he pulled posts of mine which weren't even smack related. Posts that were 100% serious responses. That's an abuse of power if I've ever seen it..

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have to agree with SMOKE on this one. An explanation should always be given if a thread is deleted, it's only fair.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you all are not happy with the board, start you own, then you can write what you want, no censorship, no rules, no hassle.

Very simple. The comment of we should be able to write what we want is true, but not on this board!!!!!!!

Mark, my 02,

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board has to operate where at least the 75th percentile is satisfied with how things are run.

Is the 75th percentile happy? I would almost guarantee that they ARE happy.

What is the issue everyone is bellyaching about? Is it the freedom to be more rowdy than has been explicitly allowed by the board administration? If that's what you're looking for, it AIN'T going to happen. Pics of ******** clad women are not kosher, IMO. Personal insults are not kosher, and anything that escalates beyond friendly ribbing is most likely NOT ok.

The rules are laid out. The choice is to follow them or not to follow them. Put me in the category that does NOT want a more rowdy board - I think at times some stuff that was over the line was let slide and that's a testament to guys like Chris, Mike, Tony, Jay, and Joe's even temperdness and willingness to try to give some leeway.

If what you guys are campaigning for is for locking of threads with an explanation, I AM BEHIND IT 100%!!!!

BUT! you need to keep these issues seperate. This is not a democracy. The majority does not rule, and I would even say the majority does NOT want a more rowdy board. I DO think that people get offended when content is removed without notice. I am on alot of boards, and this is the only one that just yanks stuff without locking it. I strongly feel it would go a long way toward improving things if the lock function was used much more than the delete function.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This board has become so lame that 99% of the knowledgeable long time Viper owners that have the technical info don't come around here anymore. The one and only 1% is still JonB and probably only cause he has stuff to sell! This site message boards only purpose now is for the newbies and flamers to rag on each other for kicks. Unfortunately the only people that get riled up then is the self appointed moderators.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen