pop your hoods open please!!!

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, gen 2 owners and possibly gen 1, I know we have a middle heat shield on the inside of the hood, I know that I have a drivers side inner fender heat shield, which leads to my question, is there a right/passenger side inner fender head shield??? I was at the dealership today and the parts department could not find such a part for the right side, only middle and left, he told me that it's possible it was available for outside USA only so you UK and Canadians please feel free to chime in...Thank you...

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen1 have the right side heatshield, not the Gen2. I did put 1 on my 00GTS.
Part # is : KS21DX9-AC

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone got a pic of this shield? I don't remember seeing a heat shield on my Gen 1 but I'm not sure what we are talking about lol.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we have a middle heat shield on the inside of the hood, I know that I have a drivers side inner fender heat shield, which leads to my question, is there a right/passenger side inner fender head shield???

My reading of the forum over the years led me to believe that the things you are talking about are sound absorbing/insulating pads rather than heat shields. That would explain why no pad is necessary on the passenger side (save manufacturing cost due to Vipers mainly occupied by one person sitting on the left side.)

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the Gen1 has a pad ( Jim is correct, that's the official name) on the right but not on the left and vice versa for the Gen2

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I guess if I remove the drivers side and just leave the one in the middle it should be perfectly fine right?? It really doesn't serve a real purpose does it??? By the way I call the dealer with the part # luc provided and they didn't have a picture but they did tell me that it was an interior trim piece and that the KS is indicating that it's color coded...

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I guess if I remove the drivers side and just leave the one in the middle it should be perfectly fine right?? It really doesn't serve a real purpose does it??? By the way I call the dealer with the part # luc provided and they didn't have a picture but they did tell me that it was an interior trim piece and that the KS is indicating that it's color coded...
Dodge part numbers can be weird but it's the correct part #

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge part numbers can be weird but it's the correct part #

do you know if it is contoured to fit the gen 2? I'm not sure if gen 1 and 2 have same inner fender design/contour. I know in order for it to fit the right side it would have to be opposite but identical contour as left...either way thanks for your help!!! Still thinking bout leaving it off though since I will have a nice new satin finish under the hood, the middle heat shield will stay though to protect finish on hood...

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you know if it is contoured to fit the gen 2? I'm not sure if gen 1 and 2 have same inner fender design/contour. I know in order for it to fit the right side it would have to be opposite but identical contour as left...either way thanks for your help!!! Still thinking bout leaving it off though since I will have a nice new satin finish under the hood, the middle heat shield will stay though to protect finish on hood...

If you read my previous post i said that i put one my 00 GTS so, yes it fit.
The hood do not have the holes ( but have the recess) for the retaining clips so you do have to drill them . no big deal but make sure that you don't drill all the way.

OP
OP
A

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you read my previous post i said that i put one my 00 GTS so, yes it fit.
The hood do not have the holes ( but have the recess) for the retaining clips so you do have to drill them . no big deal but make sure that you don't drill all the way.

Ok sounds good... Thank you..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21