Popping sound in front end

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have started to hear a popping sound in the front end or steering when I turn the steering wheel to the right. Does anyone have any idea what this may be?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem, it only happens when I turn to the right. I did notice I am missing a plastic fastener but I haven't driven it again to check on it.

OP
OP
V

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
While the car is moving (haven't tried with it stationary), while turning the wheel and in reverse and forward. It only makes the popping noise one time while turning the wheel. It is not constant. It is like there is a certain point about 1/3 thru the turn of the wheel that you hear a pop.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a ball joint or bushing or something. Likely not critical but get the car in the air at a front end shop for a looksie pretty soon. I'd also limit your *** mph excursions for now.

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing (ocassionally) usually only when backing out of the driveway with the wheel turned to the right. Was recently inspected very very throughly by a famous World Class Viper Tech and no problems could be found except ball joint was in need of grease on passenger side but that did'nt take care of the problem :dunno: car feels extremely solid except for that. :drive: