Porsche GT2 Moving in next door

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have driven a GT2........ and I agree it is a difficult car to drive, its alot more difficult than a awd 996 turbo....but its on the same level of difficulty as a forced induction viper.

The boost kick in is pretty smooth, but you had better make sure your pointed in the correct direction when the boost comes on. Also like the viper, the car has enormous grip, but i'm sure when the car loses traction, it will spin, not drift, just like the viper.

Well that is my basic assesment from driving someone else's GT2, it was not mine so I didn't take it close to the limit since it would really **** to stuff someone's $200k porsche into a wall...lol

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make friends first before enemies. Could have a lot of fun being neighbors. Just think of the attention you two would get if you went for a nice weekend cruise!

OP
OP
R

ruftec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We get along great, and I love all sports cars. I guess it would be great to have both vehicles out together.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask your neighbor to send me his DME and then things will get very interesting between the (2) of you, Ruftec.

TZL, you have a nice collection of cars! I really like the Avant as well. Any plans for the RS4 or 6?

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love a chance to ride in (maybe drive) a GT2. I think they are fantastic cars.

The Viper and GT2 are both plenty fast - it will take an experienced driver to get the most out of either of them on a race track, although I'm betting the Porsche would have
quicker lap times, because of the brakes more then anything else.

See if you can talk him into spending a Sunday afternoon driving both cars and let us know what you think.

Jim

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend's GT2 will be in any day now. I'm sure we will be making some runs as soon as possible. His 996TT with plenty of go mods was pretty even with the Viper on the roll from 2nd gear. I'm sure the GT2 will get modded right away somehow.

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i have a 2004 S4 Avant on order... I don't particularly care for the RS6, too expensive, i would rather have a new Merc E55 AMG or S55 Amg.

As far as the RS4, the details are still sketchy, ppl are saying twin turbo V6, but i think if they could squeeze a RS6 twin turbo V8 in there, add a sequential manual, and price it around or under $60k, you can bet my name will be at the top of the list.

Ask your neighbor to send me his DME and then things will get very interesting between the (2) of you, Ruftec.

TZL, you have a nice collection of cars! I really like the Avant as well. Any plans for the RS4 or 6?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After you meet, ask if you can have a ride in his car and then do the same with him in your car. Grease him a little, like "this **** is FAST" !!

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have no problem running this GTG-3. Because of how rare this car is I am sure the owner of this Porsche will not really drive his Porsche hard. But having owned two 2001 Porsche TT and knowing a buddy that just sold his 2002 Porsche TT-X50 with upgraded Turbos running somewhere in 600 h.p. range. I can tell you my buddy with with the TT-X50 can't keep to us so he sold it so he could buy a Viper.

If your Viper runs like my Viper on motor, you should have no problem out running the GT-2.

Butch
Schaumburg Motorsports Racing

01 Yellow GTS
10.42 e.t @ 134.6 m.p.h.

03 Porsche GT-3 Cup
02 360 Modena
93.5 Supra Turbo
615 r.w.h.p. 600 r.w.t.q.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members