Possible to do a header swap between two vipers in a weekend?

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put a deposit on a newer Viper however it does not have headers on it, my current Viper does have headers. I think swapping the headers between the two cars will make more sense then selling my current viper with the Belanger headers and than buying another set of Belanger headers. They both have aftermarket exhausts, mine I believe has a Borla, new one has a Corsa. Can you get the stock headers out without cutting them out at the flex pipe? Just seeing if this is feasible over a weekend.

Anyone in Tampa want to help? haha

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are still talking gen 2 for both then yes you can just swap out. Should be able to unbolt everything.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have an issue if the Belangers end up sitting higher/lower in the turn out area. I know a few people posted about having to shim the motor mounts to give them some clearance. You won't know until you bolt them up though.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I saw a couple threads about that, as long as I can get one car running I should be okay. Hopefully I don't run into any issues.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are you asking for your 97? and what wheels are currently on them?

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KDR... Why the swap? I mean why the newer Viper? The only real change was was the CAM and lighter headers which you would be taking off anyway. Unless, of course, you found a GT2! :headbang:

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always wanted a silver viper and this one seemed like a good example, excited about my purchase

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck, Best make sure you have all the gaskets to hand? I find these jobs always seem to hit a snag somewhere! O2 Sensors? can you move them? Spare Nuts/ bolts (just in case of problems)

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we did my headers I was a little intimidated after reading all these posts about having to lift the motor in order to get clearance for the Belangers.... But ended up taking it to my Viper tech and we did it together from the top without having to lift the motor or anything.... I guess that's why he's a Viper tech, he just removed the whole heat exchanger and it slid right in. I assume it would be the same to remove.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I am a bit worried as it's two cars so there is twice the chance of something going wrong...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya