Post of shame :)

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just raced my first c6 z06 today. He beat me so bad I am still sore about it.

I'm gonna get some of those $7k heads now!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you're gonna need the juice...trust me. my numbers are similiar to yours and on the street, you'll need it. i dont ever track mine

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you're gonna need the juice...trust me. my numbers are similiar to yours and on the street, you'll need it. i dont ever track mine

Why's everyone need boost? I didn't need the juice either and I took one on with all motor (of course mine isn't stock). I pulled on the guy the entire time and my car only runs 11.60's on all motor. Funny thing was after that one pull he wanted some more ( I've never understood why people do that). It was obvious who was faster. We were caught in traffic so I had time to hit the openers and turned on the NOS ( I run only a 100 shot on the street) and I let him get in front of me on purpose. We hit a bit of open road and he took off. I'll say this that car is much loader from behind than it is from the front! LOL! I passed him at around the 110? mark (I remember I was just shifting to 4th) but he still wouldn't let up. It took 170+ for him to get the picture. He wasn't catching me.

Stock for stock I think they'll eat most Vipers for sure. Then again there's always the difference in drivers.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran with one at 50 or so a few times and each time i would walk him slightly. While I do have a GEN III, it basically stock - mods mentioned below.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last Year, WANTED, and RANGER from the Z06 board, raced @ Cecil County.. Both cars were stock. I think the Z06 showed up with drag radials, if I can recall. WANTED was on the stock pilots...

At the end of the day, the results were pretty darn close..... The Z06 was only on top by a few tenths... I think Wanted had a few 11.30-11.40 passes..

Im not taking anything away from the Z06. Yes, it IS a very fast car.. However, I still think its a drivers race between a GENII, and a Z06...

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that I can say is WOW!! 170mph is just friggin' insane on the streets, thanx for the insight though.

I trap 135 in the 1/4. How much farther do you think it takes to get to 170 ? Not much!

I saw a C6 Z06 here at ORP running 12.5's ( I didn't race him) mid 120's so...

While I don't condone street racing it happens and it's not 5:00pm rush hour either. I do drive my car at the track. Then again I'm the only Viper at the track.

I would however be willing to bet not one of you Viper owners hasn't done something stupid on the streets. You just won't admit it. I'll admit it takes a ton of restraint to drive a Viper. You know for yourself how many cars, bikes that can challenge you for a race. I might race 2% of what challenges me.that's right I'm selective. I looked at the Z06 as a oppurtunity you don't get everyday. He wanted some and I was weak. someone give me counseling :drive:

Bumbles

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm all for a good 3rd gear run on an open road. It was the 170 that caught my eye. I just don't know off any streets in Atlanta where you could hit 170 without putting alot of other people in harms way. Somebody pulls out of a driveway or side street at 170, that would be ugly. Not trying to slam you just 170 on a public road jumped out at me.

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a minute I've driven thru Atlanta before and heck you got to be doing 90 just to keep up there. LOL!

I would in no way do that speed on 99% of the roads here but there are places people go here to do just those things late at night. This was that place and at that time. It's what can I say........It's what you are there for. Get it.

Funny thing is I never look at my speedo or my tach. What I know is if my raptor goes off and I'm in 4th. I'm doing 150 and 5th is what I call getting stupid now!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I could find a Z06 here. I found one last year in my Stealth TT, but I lost. Things are different now and I can't find him!!!

After losing I bought bigger Turbos and SS headers for the Stealth, then I bought the sc'd Viper ... just in case.

Unfortunately, there just isn't enough Z06 vettes for much in Canada. The ordinary ones aren't worth the effort. I did see an Astin Martin Vanquish a couple days ago though. He wasn't interested in running or talking about it though.

Haha he said he refuses to use all the plug wires.

Ted

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Z06 could have a boat load of mods..don't sweat it.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol. Funny how tides have turned. We now talk about what WE must do to beat a vette, and that it probably wasnt stock, or some other consoling words of wisdom. Fact is monie got it handed to him, by a faster car. Hats off to the driver and the car.

Our year is coming 2008 puts the viper back on top, or at least it better.

Jon

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're talking about a 5-10 year old car being beaten by a new-1.5yr old car that was designed to eek a win from said 5-10 year old car. Not surprised at all.

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're talking about a 5-10 year old car being beaten by a new-1.5yr old car that was designed to eek a win from said 5-10 year old car. Not surprised at all.

My thoughts EXACTLY! You know Chevrolet had a few Vipers/Ferraris/Porsches to test and take apart and analyze etc to make damn sure their product was just a bit better.

That's not to say Dodge/Ferrari etc doesn't do the same thing, all car manufacturers do, even down to econo/SUV's. It's just the way it is.

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235