Post/Thread Removal Policy

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty conservative and not likely to post something worthy of removal. However I have even found some of my posts removed. When it occurs you never know if it was something that you did or another post either made earlier or after yours. You are just left searching for the thread until you give up. I do not think that is an acceptable policy.

To help this could we institute a policy of deleting only the single post that deserves it and not the entire thread. And place a "removed by the moderator" comment in the post whose content was removed. In the case of an entire thread being removed can we have a placeholder with the original title, that would still connect if you had identified the thread as a favorite thread.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your suggestion is a good one, but I wonder whether your posts have been deleted. It takes alot to be deleted and if you posted something and it never even entered your mind as questionable I really doubt it would be 'zapped'.

Possibly (which I maybe should have posted about before) the problem is the search function. I've tried searching for things like alignement settings and didn't get results about posts that should have been easily resturned as "alignement track" that were.

Just a thought that your posts may not have been deleted but missed by the search function...

Anyone else experienced this??

I know there could be some controversy on the moderation, but since a year ago when I made a **** of myself I haven't seen anything dissapear that wasn't explainable.

Just my .02

Reaction score
Hey Jeff...I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to give you a hard time, all in GOOD FUN!!

Your search would probably work better if you spelled alignment correctly!! :)

Seriously......I hope to work on the search function Sunday (later today). :)

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure what I have experienced is the disappearing thread. Probably due to a deserving individual post or posts. But unfortunately you are left to wonder what happened. I think that is what has bothered forum members is that they don't know what happened and of course assume the worst. Best to just delete the offending post, mark it accordingly and leave the thread. If the thread itself is unacceptable maybe it should get locked and possibly relocated. But again I think it is important that not only the posters know what happened, but also the non-posting readers.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I would add an additional comment. And then hit the hay for the night.

One reason for locking rather than eliminating a thread is that a poster, who may have spent a significant amount of time creating a post, will be left with nothing to show for it once the thread disappears. Often this will not be the offending post but the author is punished anyway.

Just a thought.