Powdercoating Stock Wheels - Pics included - Help me decide

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking about powder coating my stock wheels until I purchase some different wheels. I Photoshopped different looks and I also lowered the car in Photoshop. Which look do you guys prefer?

Black:

You must be registered for see images

Gloss Black (black chrome type look):

Matte Black:

Polished lip w/ black (dont know if they can even do this)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say the black chrome would beat all. However I think you should not waste your time on the stock rims. IMO they look horrible and is why I got rid of them.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think there is anything you can do to those wheels to make them look better. sorry

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess that will teach you to ask for an opinion. Its all subjective. I myself like the polished lip. I am thinking about doing my 5 spoke sidwinders black as well they are currently silver. Quoted price about 85 a wheel.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
factory 5 spoke in middle tone black chrome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do it!!!!!!:omg::eater::headbang:

Reaction score
It is kind of hard to do the "lip" since there is not really one there so if you are dead set on the current wheels the black chrome will look the best and resemble the VCA cars that were built.

OP
OP
R

rtalex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say the black chrome would beat all. However I think you should not waste your time on the stock rims. IMO they look horrible and is why I got rid of them.

For $85 a wheel I think the change will be worth it. It is a cheap alternative until I purchase some wheels. I think the black chrome could look nice as well.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. The Car is too low but you probably know that already. Even with Motons you will destroy your inner fenders that low

2. Black is ok but I would stay with OEM until you can get some aftermarket wheels. Then go black with chrome lips