power window lighted switch

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working on making a kit for gen2.
Need to find out who is the manufacturer on the wirring connector to the switch in order to get some female pins that will fit in the factory unused connector cavities.
Any idea?

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems I remember someone did a DIY write up on lighting the power window switches but I can't seem to find it now. Don't know where it went.:dunno:

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did this many years ago...likely shortly after I got my 2000 GTS new. I'd have to find the pictures I took. If memory serves, I used the dash lighting wire for the rear defrost switch and fed it with a new wire to the window switch. I also changed the switch LEDs to amber from the green that was in them.

I "thought" everything was in place, short of power to the switch from the harness. I do not remember adding any pins, etc. It was years ago....I'll have to find the pics.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found the old posting under the How-to section at the top of the page. The write-up is listed under the illustrated write-up section. Already laid out for you guys! :)

OP
OP
L

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a write-up on it back in 2003 but the problem is that without the female pins you need to solder wires on pins # 6 and 7 on the switch, not the most pratical thing.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to Dan @ Viper Specialty. I needed the OEM connectors for the radiator fan and he had them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456