PowerEffects muffler and RWHP WOW!!!

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I went out on a limb with my set up for exhaust and thought I would get spanked on the Dyno cuz it was somewhat "unconventional". The regular school of thought being "back pressure is a good thing" and that "legal" is always better....well here is the deal...3" headers, 3" straight pipe with no cats or mufflers and only the "power effects" tunable mufflers on the rear....So I get up on the dyno thinking I am "loud" but have lost HP cuz there is no back pressure and I am going to get a lot of sh*t for being loud with no HP (10 other Vipers at Dyno Day)....the first pull I get 418 RWHP and a flat torque curve that pretty much sucked....I go back and open up the mufflers to "wide open" setting.....BAM! 435.5 RWHP and 489.6 Torque!!!! One little click and I get a major change like that.....needless to day I tipped my Dyno guy huge, and left a happy man...NET NET the power effects can be turned down for neighborhood purposes (almost stock DB level) and then wide open for bragging rights.... I highly recommend these mufflers and JonB at Partsrack.com has got em and a killer price!! Can't wait till I do my heads and intake.....FLOW BABY FLOW!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4