powersteering leak

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I replaced the powersteering pump 3000 miles ago and there is still a leak. I am so frustrated. Has any one else gone thru this on a Gen 3? How did you successfully cure the powersteering leak?

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you replace the pump? Was that actually the source of the leak? The main cause of PS fluid leaks that I know of are the unserviceable fittings at the ends of the $250+ lines to/from the fan.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I can picture that even if the pump were the cause of the original leak, the act of removing hoses and moving things around could have caused a weak hose end connector to start to leak.......

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fitting where the line joins the top of the pump is notorious for leaking, unservicable too, have to buy the hose and one of the fittings separately. Easy change though........

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
On my GEN II, the high pressure hose kept leaking after a new pump was installed.

Discovered there was an O-ring at the tip of the high pressure hose fitting that screws into the pump.

That O-ring had become hard and brittle. Replaced it and no more leak.

Not sure if GEN III has same set up - may want to check it out if that is where your leak is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang