Pre-Oiling and Accumulator system packages- FEEDBACK PLEASE

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PRVT JET- Sean Roe had a pre-oiling system, but it was a bottle type, not a piston+cylinder type...the bottle type have MAJOR downfalls. Masterlube also has a system, but it is very much like the Sean Roe system. I do not believe anyone has offered a piston type system package for the Viper... Until now :2tu:

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE:

Test kit was sent out to Ray, and should be installed before this weekend. As soon as I hear from him, kits will be available for purchase.

PS- I have one 3 QT and one 2-Qt kit plus options in stock and available immediatly, if you are in a hurry to get one ASAP, drop me a line and I'll set you up to be first in line. These 2 kits would save you about 3-4 days off the arrival time at your door.

PS- There was a MINOR change in the pricing sheet I sent out, I will resend the newest one as soon as I begin taking orders. (add 25.00 to base cost, cut CC and PayPal charges, basically...)

1KoolAsp 14TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hay dan whats the down sides to the masterlube i installed it and it works fine used it several times holds pressure in bottle no problem what i have is just a prelube system.holds 1quart of oil emptes in to pan change the oil add 11quarts start engine fills back up no loss of air pressor.life time warranty, inexpensive ,does what it suppose to do.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The downsides to a bottle type system is;
-Can aireate your oil on bumpy road/track conditions
-must be mounted vertical-(difficult to mount)
-cannot be pressure-precharged like a piston type
-to small to carry out accumulator function (a 3-qt bottle type would be HUGE, and basically impossible to mount)
-will EVENTUALLY loose its air charge, and require service. this can happen very soon on a racetrack.

Thats just a few off the top of my head.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,
How about the first project, the ACR adapter, what's the status on that puppy?

10 hours for installation WOW, isn't that close to heads and cam install time LOL!!!

Do any holes have to be drilled into the pan?
Where do you have to drill the holes?

Why the "custom" set-up, is it the tank size that the customer wants?

To Tom the "Oil Man", man, I LOVE it when you talk dir....er I mean oil!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JOE- I have put the first project on hold in light of this one. Believe it or not, most machine shops around here that will touch anything to do with cars shut down over winter, and the remaining ones are so swamped its insane. I already had all R&D for this system done, so I figured I may as well jump on it rather than twiddle my thumbs. At any rate, as soon as nicer weather gets here, I will get that project going again.

Yes, 10 hours is not an exageration, it is actually LOW. it really does take an immense amount of time to just build one of these, let alone all the calculations on getting one to fit. Doing my 3rd one last summer in which I already knew all measurements, it STILL took me 14 hours to do the install from Parts-Finish.

You have to drill 6 holes in the pan, and 4 small pilot holes in the frame for the hose mounts.

Yes, every one is a custom setup. Tank size, gauge type, valve type, Quick disconnect, mounting location, etc... they are all options.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will more than likely begin accepting additional orders tomorrow.

If you are refering to build time, it take 2 days for me to get supplies from my distributors, and approx 1 day to build. Shipping upon completion is available as ground, 3 days, 2 day, and overnight.

Ray white installed his today, and last I heard from him, everything was a :2tu: accept for the QD support, which him and I have already discussed a fix for. It was my fault as I rushed with a new design of the support trying to make it more user-friendly, rather than sticking with what I KNEW worked, as I have used it multiple times myself. Other than that, we just discussed the functions of a few components, tools needed, etc.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I got it from Dan yesterday but did not have a couple of the necessary tools so last night I reviewed the instructions and waited till today to install.

If you have everything you need on hand expect to spend 2-3hrs. on the install.

The kit comes complete you need nothing but the required tools and some oil.

I was comfortable with the instructions and feel it couldn't be much easier to install.

I like the system and only had (2) suggestions very minor
suggestions on improvements.

Dan "Start Shipping" you've done your homework.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help Ray. It was great working with you.

Kits are now available, and I will be revising the pricing sheet/instruction sheet tonight and/or tomorrow to reflect the changes that Ray and I found necessary. (QD support and electrical connector if anyone wanted to know) I will FWD the new copies of the pricing sheet to everyone on my list when it is completed.

Thanks for being patient everyone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude