Preparing my Viper for the track...??

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of oil puking, you might also want to add a puke can which catches the oil "puking" out from the valve covers instead of it going into the air box and making a mess.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add an extra quart of oil to your crankcase to avoid nuking your engine from oil starvation.

I'm afraid I'd advise against this - in fact, I try to run the car at about 1/4 way up the fill mark on the dipstick and no higher. If you run the car with a full or too-full oil load, that oil will puke onto the valves under hard braking. This can cause your engine to run rough and can fill your cabin with nasty acrid oil smoke. A big oil plan and baffles are a better way to go, a warning light also helps, and finally you need the discipline to back off in corners if your driving style or the track leads to starvation.

I second that.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
none.

2000+ got the 10 qt capacity pan, but NO VIPER came with baffles - contrary to early ACR literature. The 2000+ windage tray is also an upgrade.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to www.partsrack.com and look under the powertrain category. JonB sells a stage 1, 2, and 3 kit - I'd recommend the stage 1 and 2 (Big oil pan, baffles, windage tray). The stage3 kit is pretty much unnecessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper