Preventative tip regarding the window reg clip breaking - Lubricating the assembly

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My passenger window was going slow..... I could sense the tension inside the assembly potentially breaking the clip if I forced the window up and down. The tension is surely due to lack of lubrication and not being used that often (especially the passenger side), having slight corrosion in the assembly, all of this results in too much friction and adds stress to the main window regulator plastic clip which may ultimately break as many have experienced.

So, today being a nice fall day, a Saturday and before the car is stored for the winter... I decided to take the door panel off and lubricate the system and made an effort to take some pics of the steps for any of those who may want to lubricate their window regulator system to prevent the main regulator clip from breaking. It should take about an hour each side, but it took me a few hours because I took these pics and made this post to share, perhaps if it's worth being an illustrated guide or if not done before?

The window goes up and down very smooth now!
Cheers,
Mike

* Edit will update post tomorrow...

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Preventative tip regarding the window reg clip breaking - Lubricating the assembl

looking fgwd to seeing the pics

what lube did you use :eater:

tia

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Preventative tip regarding the window reg clip breaking - Lubricating the assembl

looking fgwd to seeing the pics

I changed the Album settings to public rather than members only, that was probably why...
Cheers,
Mike

Edit... ok, I logged out and can't see the pics even though I made the change for the album to be public viewable / for enthusiasts... weird... I tried...

Last edited:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never take the inside door handle off. It comes off with the door panel then unhook wire.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

can see the pics fine now, thanks

fine write-up

on step 19, maybe i'm missing something, but won't this make the window greasy when you roll it up :dunno:

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never take the inside door handle off. It comes off with the door panel then unhook wire.

Good suggestion, thanks, I'll redo the pics for that part.
Mike