Price announced on SRT-10

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Venom Lover.. You crack me up! That "Jedi mind trick" thing really made me laugh. I enjoy you sense of humor.

SingleMad4U..

Let me explain my "10K Discount theory" less the folks here read me wrong and the Viper Gods revoke my cert.

What I intended to convey, is that because WE the cert qualifyers, were allowed by Dodge, to order an SRT with a TOTALLY COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE (sorry I shouted).

In essence, most all of us qualified buyers have dealer agreements to purchase our SRT at $500 over invoice, or some other discounted agreement. Had we not been given the opportunity to buy "from any Dodge dealer", we probably would have had to pay FULL MSRP because the dealers would not have had to sell for a penny under MSRP. The SRT certs were sold out!

The 10K figure I mentioned was to illustrate how good our opportunity is from Dodge. I was estimating that dealer cost to full MSRP (guzzle tax, prep,etc) was going to save us 10K because WE were GIVEN the buying power to shop anywhere.

I also mentioed in my lengthy post that our Vipers have held their value so incredibly well that at trade in time we also were spending less out of pocket because of this. Other fine machines I have owned have sometimes only been worth 60% of what I paid after only a couple of years.

Combine those two valuable things (buy the SRT with cert advantage and the resale value) and a whole new, faster SRT, and the price increase seems reasonable (but dissapointing) to me.

Remember; without those certs, we might all have had to pay full MSRP or MORE!

I think we cert buyers were able to save an easy 7K anyway because of this cert program which eliminated dealer gouging.

Whew! Does my theory make more sense now? I was meaning to make everyone appreciate the thousands of dollars we were allowed to save. We are also GOING TO GET OUR NEW VIPERS. In the past, if you bought from a small dealer, you had no idea when your Viper might get built (based on turn and earn).

I hope my comments help ease the pain of the increase.

Thanks,

Jim

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike - The lexus SC430 is around $60,000 not $70,000 - and that's with navigation and the mark levinson sound system now standard. That's about a $25,000.00 differential to the SL500 as being delivered currently, and that's why the lexus will be my retirement cruiser.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTRICK,

I concede halfway
smile.gif
I priced one out at Lexus' website and I am wrong - it was about $65k with the nav system and a few other options (there aren't many).

Still, to compare it to a car costing $25k more is wishful thinking, IMO. I wouldn't put the SC on the same level as the SL... just my .02 though. It's certainly a very nice car - Toyota quality throughout and I bet the service is way better than any Dodge.

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I'm sorry dude, but you are incorrect regarding the prices of those used Ferraris. The cheapest used 355 will still bring 95K, and the cheapest 360's are WELL over 100K.

I doubt PVO was trying to break into a higher luxury segment by raising the price; like someone else said, the Ferrari/Porsche crowd is not going to trade thier cars for an SRT. I think PVO raised the price because they CAN.

P.S. Mike, a V-10 ///M5, OMG, I would die.
hail[1].gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint,

Don't make me quote myself!

I said "at $84k, you're awfully close to barely used 355's and maybe even 360's".

The maybe meant some people may consider a price of around $90k out the door pretty close to what you can get a 360 for. I am pretty familiar with 360 prices because I owned one that I sold earlier this year. The prices are sky high right now because they're still being gouged, but by next spring, I believe they will come down, and I think 355 prices will come down too. I think for my $84k, I could get a nice 355 in excellent shape that hasn't been beat... especially if I'm willing to take around a 1995 model. I did say "getting close" not "the same" - I think for "close" to $84k, you could get a mint 355. I take periodic rides to the local Ferrari dealer and there is often a big difference between what people ask and what they sell for... they know I am a customer at some point.

Just my .02.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Ferguson:
Andy, getting the special financing is going to be a little more difficult with Julow out? We will try, but don't plan on it!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Julow Out??? Is there more restructuring in Dodge? Please explain.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim Julow has been re-assigned as of (I think) 7/1/02. I spoke to him on that day and he introduced me to the new head of Dodge, Daryl Jackson. Daryl has worked for Jim just a little more than three years, and has welcomed us in with open arms! At his point, Jim is in line to head up the Motorsports division, but that has to be more defined before anything official gets out!

Just so everyone does not go bonkers on this news, please allow me to put this in some perspective. Generally(at least since the VCA has been involved with Dodge) the division heads seem to only be around for 2-4 year stints. Marty Levin was around from 92-96, then Ray Fisher came in from 96-98, and then we got Jim from 98-2002. As with so many large corporations, sitting still in one position actually hurts your value to the company. Helping in a variety of forms always leads to more opportunities.

So lets be grateful for the time we had, and hope that he keeps moving up the ladder so we can keep one of our great supporters within reach!

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear lots of people griping about this price increase as if it was real, yet nowhere do I see anything that looks like an &lt;u&gt;official&lt;/u&gt; price announcement. I will reserve my righteous indignation until I see the real bottom line.

OP
OP
M

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hate to think my original post here last month was incorrect, but is the "new" Dodge MSRP pricing announcement everyone's talking about ($79,995) mean it is under $80k INCLUDING the gas guzzler tax and that I either overstated the price
confused.gif
or Dodge reduced the price
cool.gif
?

I always assume the MSRP is the price at the bottom of the sticker including the vehicle, freight, and gas guzzler tax, but excluding the luxury tax and any applicable sale tax. The "new" announcement is perplexing as it points out "$79,995 excludes the $800 destination charge"

Any dealer care to clarify if it's also excluding the GG tax???

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, your original post was right on! MSRP on the sticker is the bottom line after Gas Guzzler and Destination. In press releases, they have always listed MSRP as being less the Gas Guzzler and Destination.