Problem: Sputters at 1500 RPM

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my plugs changed today and everything was fine drove it around a bit and then noticed just a little subtle sputtering (maybe like it was missing) around 1500 RPMs. The noise is only at 1500 RPMs (At any other RPMs it is fine, even Idol) and is coming from the exhaust. I checked the spark plugs and they all where in the right order and looked fine.

The service was done by a mechanic that I trust and to be honest I am not sure the noise just started. It could have just been the first time I noticed it since it is so subtle.

Any Ideas? :dunno:

Thanks,
Dan

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but did you recheck and make sure all your plug wires were snaped down all the way making a proper connection?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though he may be your trusted mechanic, mistakes can be made. I would also look for loose plugs. You can hold on to a wire and feel some vibration if it is loose, but check both ends of the wires to see if they are on tight.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mosly likly plugs, wires, or one of the coils. it may be a plugged injector also.

But it only does it at 1500 rpm wouldn't it sputter throughout the rev range if it was any of thouse? Also it has new plugs and wires.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's not the plugs or wires, it's probably the oxygen sensors. You can tell when these are going bad because the car will miss only under acceleration.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960