PROOF that the Gen-V Viper is coming....

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THERE WILL BE A GEN 5 take it to the bank --how do I know? do I have inside info?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- there will be a Gen 5 simply because first I bought an 09 thinking that was the last year. Then I got sucked into the FE thinking surely that was the end of the run--now that my FE is here you can bet $$ there will be a Gen 5--simply because I have never bought a car that turned out to be a collector.

Viper and Brett Favre have a lot in common. A lot of suspense but we know how the movie ends. And the results will be similar unless folks actually go out and BUY a Gen 5. Its amazing to me the loyalty Dodge has shown given the recent sales--have to give them credit.

If they do make it---buy it. I have a sick feeling that there will be a 2017 FE with about 20 "special editions" in between.:)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short answer: ALL Viper Prototypes since 1988 except ONE came to fruition, in one final form or another..... And all did so inside a relatively remarkable short time frame.

I believe that if Chrysler survives, (good report Aug 31) we will see a Gen 5.

I was thinking generic statistics, but with the exclusivity of the Viper your reply is probably accurate to the cause. BUT, with a global depression unseen since whenever the Viper was a gleam, I do think it's a new world order with high end speculative manufacturing.

Prove me wrong Dodge. And put tons of curves on it so I'll buy one :rolaugh:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lil more proof, from the dodge website

Dodge - 2010 Viper - Sports Car, Roadster, Sports Coupe

"last model year for the CURRENT-GENERATION VIPER"

I'm thinking positive ;)

I hate to burst any bubbles but even that doesn't mean squat as it does not explicitly says they will indeed build the next generation Viper. Bobpantax brought up a couple of very good points and is usually well informed.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ate a current meal.

Does that point toward a fact that I will eat again?

No. Just like saying they stopped making the current generation Viper means they're making yet another generation. It only means they are no longer making the current one.

Stop thinking that what they say means more than the exclusive meaning of the words they write. I'm that smart and so are the writers.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next question...

If the Gen 5 is as good as done - READ THE PROOF - why can't I preorder one?

And don't making me squat with some answer that they're still doing this that and that this.

They're playing the development game and watching the market. IMO.

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Next question...

If the Gen 5 is as good as done - READ THE PROOF - why can't I preorder one?

And don't making me squat with some answer that they're still doing this that and that this.

They're playing the development game and watching the market. IMO.

Very true. Dodge will do what is the most logical thing to do. If Dodge decides to even build a Gen V knowing the sales will be low, it would be done based on the knowledge that it will bring in more business etc.

IMO They will not do it based on people's desires as they are still a business that is trying to survive. The Viper platform went to Mercedes and unless Fiat is willing to back this thing up, It is highly doubtful the Gen V will happen for now at least.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THERE WILL BE A GEN 5 take it to the bank --how do I know? do I have inside info?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- there will be a Gen 5 simply because first I bought an 09 thinking that was the last year. Then I got sucked into the FE thinking surely that was the end of the run--now that my FE is here you can bet $$ there will be a Gen 5--simply because I have never bought a car that turned out to be a collector.

Viper and Brett Favre have a lot in common. A lot of suspense but we know how the movie ends. And the results will be similar unless folks actually go out and BUY a Gen 5. Its amazing to me the loyalty Dodge has shown given the recent sales--have to give them credit.

If they do make it---buy it. I have a sick feeling that there will be a 2017 FE with about 20 "special editions" in between.:)

Viperdrummer,

Don't get rid of the 2010 FE...I think it will be very similar in collector status as your Ford GT. Enjoy the rides!!

George

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy your Vipers now and buy all the remaining 2009 and 2010 Vipers. Assuming a Gen V is going to occur, the earliest availability would be the Fall of 2012 as a 2013 model. How do I know? Because a review of all the anectdotal data available on this site and other sites suggests same. If some of you out there are waiting for the Gen V before you buy, you are being silly. There is no garantee that you will wake up tomorrow. Nevermind more than two years from now.

Let me put it a more basic way. Assume that you were offered an extraordinary pleasureful experience today. Someone then suggests to you that you might have the opportunity to have an even better experince a bit more than two years from now. Only a fool would forego the first experience while waiting for the second. JM2Cs.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another quote from Ralph..

Upcoming changes in the Chrysler lineup

The last Viper is to be made in summer 2010 but a 2012 Dodge Viper redesign is likely. Ralph Gilles said it would use expertise, materials, and technology (but not parts) from Ferrari to lighten the weight, with a V-10 engine. Ralph Gilles, head of Dodge, said in late 2009 the Dodge Viper will be back, with a V-10 derived from the current 8.4L engine; it will not contain Ferrari parts. Gilles said the Viper will always be V10 powered and that there might be a V8 powered sibling. We believe that the future Viper will be similar to the current one in basic look, feel, and character; changes will focus on increasing performance and conforming to new safety standards.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guarantee once all of the 2010's are sold we will start hearing more about the gen 5...

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The silence since Herb's recent thread about wanting feedback from us on why the Viper should continue for him to provide to the decision makers is deafening.
*sigh*
Would've been nice to have been in on that.

Sometimes it's what's NOT said that speaks volumes.
To my knowledge, NO ONE at Dodge has said "Viper is done.".

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope that next to the starter button, there's an even bigger one that says "Nannies OFF" I also hope it has a permanent detent position that leaves it OFF.