Pros/cons of lowering w/Eibach Pro Kit

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering buying and installing the Eibach Pro Kit 1" drop
spring set that's available from the Tirerack for $275 on my '96 GTS.. Is this a bad idea?? Will my car scrape alot more??

John Johns

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed Eibachs in Sept of last year, and probably have 2k miles on them. Pro: The car looks better sitting lower. Less gap between tires and body. Better handling as suspension is firmer and center of gravity is lower. The front doesn't scrape any more than before. Not sure why not, maybe the firmer set-up inhibits chassis flex. Con: Firmer ride. My overall evaluation is 70% pro, 30% con.
You must be registered for see images

SRTim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will the 1" lowering kit work with Purner Slicks/skinnies? They are approx 1-2" taller than the stock wheels.

Tim

Reaction score
Thats not my boat or car Jeremy. I wished it was but it's not. It's a member of the boards though. He can answer your questions about it.

Michael Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Tommy Archer's guys install his set up on my Viper back in November... went with the stock shock revalving utilizing Eibach Pro Kit springs. (Also went for a few other little enhancements: anti-toe brackets, adjustable sway bar links, greaseable sway bar bushings). Probably dropped the ride height by 1/2 to 3/4. Finally got the handling to where I thought it should have been from the factory!?! Haven't really noticed a great difference in dragging/scrapping as the Viper is already so low. Having scrapped the front facia the first day that I picked mine up at the dealer, I've learned to pay close attention to curbs and approaches!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dion,,,,,,,,,,,,,Dan has the Eibach Pros on his 97....actually lowered the front about 3/4 (measured) inch. His stiffer shocks may be the reason there is no noticable extra dragging.....but then we know how more aggressively YOU drive
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ : <~

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim:

You might want to consult John on this one. The reason being is that I would think that a setup for road racing would hamper your drag racing capabilities. If the suspension is too stiff, I would think that it will be even harder to hook your tires up. Drag racers always seemed to prefer softer rear suspensions to allow weight shift.

Maybe some drag racing guys like Doug Levin or Tom Welch can chime in here. I would hate for you to invest the money in this stuff, just to find out that it doesn't work together for you.

That's my $.02. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim 98 GTS:
Will the 1" lowering kit work with Purner Slicks/skinnies? They are approx 1-2" taller than the stock wheels.

Tim
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP
OP
D

Dion Fisher

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, lots of info and a really cool picture to boot!! The only thing better than a beautiful woman in a Viper would have to be 6 in a Fountain :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant