Purchasing '99 ACR...opinions please...

stangkilr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchasing \'99 ACR...opinions please...

1999 silver acr, 27k miles, comfort pkg, all stock, $44k....decent deal?

4 owners, first owner was bobby labonte...

feedback welcome...can't wait to get my first snake! :)

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Purchasing \'99 ACR...opinions please...

Did you check it out already? I was interested in it also but its to far from me. What condition is it in? I guess at the end its worth what you are willing to pay and if you are happy then who cares. just my .02

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

As long as the title is clear and the car is clean that is a good deal even without its interesting history. I would buy it, but I would have someone who is familiar with Vipers have a look at it first! Good luck with your first buy and there is no turning back now, YOU HAVE BEEN BITTEN!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Defintly check it out first and if everything checks out that is a pretty fair price. Where is the car located?

OP
OP
S

stangkilr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Defintly check it out first and if everything checks out that is a pretty fair price. Where is the car located?

down south...can't wait...steve and i are gonna have the same exact cars, lol...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That will be neat. Another ACR in the group can never hurt. By the way, have we met before?

OP
OP
S

stangkilr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That will be neat. Another ACR in the group can never hurt. By the way, have we met before?

yea remember the supercharged red C5...we sat at the same table for the mass gtg last year...

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just remember you get what you pay for, if that car is a clean 99 acr it should be going for low 50's easy. For a really clean car I mean 1 owner imaculate etc they go for even more than that.

This car having 4 owners is a big negative in my book, make sure you have it checked out by people that know vipers. Accidents and vipers go hand in hand, and most shops dont know how to fix em right.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

yea remember the supercharged red C5...we sat at the same table for the mass gtg last year...

I thought so but did not realize that you lived in NJ. That threw me off.

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score

down south...can't wait...steve and i are gonna have the same exact cars, lol...

If its near Jacksonville, Ill volunteer to go check it out for ya ... wheres it at?

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It all depends on how clean. If all checks out, a cash offer below asking price would be a good deal. Best of luck.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

price for the miles sounds great. but 4 previous owners is a BIG red flag. obviously there was something about the car that the previous owners felt wasn't worth keeping it for. i am the original owner of my viper and it is not for sale so what does that tell you. if i were to buy a used car i would only buy a 1 owner car. good luck

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

just for comparison, a friend of mine just bought a 99 gts black with silver stripes, 1 owner with 10k miles for 45k.
car is pretty clean without a bunch of swirl marks.

good luck with your purchase, I would tend to wonder about the 4 owners though. Go to your local dodge dealer and run the vin to see the history of repairs

OP
OP
S

stangkilr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i understand what you guys are saying about the 4 owners, but many people are like myself...we keep a car for about a year or so, then move on to the next...doesn't mean i don't take care of them while i have them...

some just like variety...:)

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score

4 previous owners could be a problem or it could be no problem at all. You have to try and get an idea on what the history was. For example I had a beautiful black 03 Z06 last year. I bought the car from the 3rd owner who lived in Penn. The car had 5,800 miles and was living in a beautiful heated garage that was larger than my 1st house was. I bought it and drove it home to San Diego. I enjoyed that car for 10 months or so and sold it in November with 21,000 miles for a tidy profit. It sold in less than 2 weeks.

The history was this:

1st owner- Bought car and 3 months later sold it back to dealer(Man bought it for wife and she didin't like the manual tranny).

2nd owner- 67 Yr old gentleman bought car and didn't have enough leg strength after a while to enjoy the car.

3rd owner- Gentleman bought car in the late summer/early fall. Enjoyed car for a couple of months then stored it in his awesome garage for winter. During the winter he decided he possibly wanted a Lambo for the spring so I buy it w/ 5,800 miles in fantastic shape.

4th owner(me)- I enjoy the car to the fullest for 10 months. Work the paint finish so it looks like black glass. Continue to pamper the already fine car and end up selling to a nice guy in his 30's who is extremely happy to find an almost brand new car looking car w/ a black finish that is 2nd to none.

You need not be so damn scared off by multiple owners or so-called higher mileage cars. A lot of people here think 20K Vipers are high mileage beasts and should be avoided. This is ridiculous. There is no reason that someday we can and will have Vipers w/ 300K or more miles on them.

Go check it out. Do a little homework on it's history and if it checks out fine in your eyes, go buy it. :usa:

OP
OP
S

stangkilr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks for the opinions guys...look forward to trouble free ownership :)

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only thing I would worry about is a leased Viper for 1 or 2 yrs. The owner may not break it in, could thrash it, put fresh tires on it and return it when done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya