Pure Speculation Regardnig an SRT Coupe

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I saw the first CC's I figured there was no way the car could ever be made streetable because it had such a severe chop top. The chop suggested to me no interior space and not enough glass to see out of the car well.

I have since seen a couple of the latest CC's. The windshield, cowl and dash appear to be identical to the SRT. The doors and door glass are also ample. The only things that appear a bit non-streetable are the roof vent, high tail and severely narrowed rear glass (apologies to those of you running wings, splitters and slicks on the street!)

So, I began imagining a CC where the rear hatch/glass were a little bit wider, the rear deck lowered a few inches, and the back ending in a kick-up spoiler like the GTS.

Is it wishful thinking, or does somebody else see the CC as a very producable coupe in race clothing?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a firm believer that the GTS is going to be a CC without the crazy race wings and stuff. We need to have someone photoshop some SRT10 components on the CC.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very much so. I'd bet cash on it. DC would be foolish to skip out on the street coupe market. Since the GTS came out in 96 it has outsold the RT/10 every year. They claim that the convert top is so great that it gets rid of teh need for a coupe version. I say BS.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure DC is going to build the coupe. When I was at the Viper vs. Viper shootout at Luke AFB, there were a number of off hand comments about the future coupe(they did not say definitely yes or no but it was obvious one is in the works). I would not be surprised one appears at next years' Detroit Auto Show.

OP
OP
J

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never compared an SRT to a CC side by side. So, I'm guessing when I say the 2 cars are identical from the nose all the way back to the ends of the doors.

Sir Fang, is that right?

The CC wing and splitter also look suspicously FIA legal for a club racer.

P.S. I just noticed spell check doesn't check the title of a post. Too funny.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree too jrkermode - I see the SRT platform as being the logical one to create a coupe and I'd expect a road going CC version to be the end result... I guess we'd all like to see a few GTS curves built into it as the new CC is a bit slab sided by comparison - but photos are all I have to go by and photos do not always do justice.

How many other cars have been loved and a new one comes out and is hated.... but then it grows on us.... and pretty soon, the older model seems old, and the new shape seems just right? It's hard to imagine a coupe prettier than the GTS.... but who knows right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960