Puttin 96-99 pistons in a 01-02

ROGUE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt - Talk to Rogue. he knows his sh*t and can help out.

The "tools" required aren't many... it is just a matter of knowing which sockets to use!

Thanks JD.

Yup not many tools required. Couple sockets, 4.00 ring compressor, bolt stretch gauge (more accurate than just a torque wrench), some plasti-guage to double check bearing clearance, and we're good to go.

Other than double checking to be sure the piston/deck height it's all pretty straight forward. :2tu:

BoeingMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks JD and Rouge for your inputs. My aircraft mechanic's liscense is still curent from a previous career and am not afraid to tackle jobs like this. I know it's not that dificult but do have to pay attention to detail.

I still enjoy spinning a wrench or two in my off time and draw great satisfaction from completing the job myself rather than paying major bucks to someone else. I also enjoy getting to use the tools I've aquired over time. I have a mid-rise lift and a 60 gallon air tank/compressor that have already paid for themselves several times over... However, I enjoy working on my cars more with freinds around than by myself. I have a tendency to procrastinate and have been known to start a job then loose interest. Then, it really becomes more work than fun to finish the task at hand. Hence, I try to do jobs like this with a buddy around. I am also keen to the fact that although I have broken down an engine before, it doesn't automatically make me a Viper expert. Therefore, working on a new vehicle and having someone around that has tackled the very same job you are attempting makes the entire project run more smooth and eficient with a high probability of the job being done right the first time.

It would be great to find someone in INDI that loves to work on vipers just for fun.

Thaks again guys
Matt

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have set of used 96-99 balanced rods. If anyone is interested PM me. (high res in my gallery)

3896Picture-med.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4