Q; oiling problem in high G-forces??

RoosterBooster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Forum
new guy here (with bad english skills; please be patient :eek: ) so i guess i need to give a little backgroundinfo first;
i build very radical all terrain/all purpose sportcars for friends....we drive mainly in the sanddune/desert areas of the southwest but the cars are just as much fun on the street or racetrack (streetlegal here in AZ ;) )
we dont do the highroller "show`n`shine" stuff :p ....all we care for is driving fast and turning hard... so our engines are subjected to very harsh G-forces.
i just bought a 2006 Viper engine out of a SRT-10 truck (wrecked with only 700 miles....i guess it was too much engine for the preowner :rolleyes: ) for my next project.
so here is my problem:
i like to mount the engine as low as possible in the frame to keep the center of gravity down low. the stock (truck) oil pan hangs too low :bonker: .... swapping to the shallow "car" pan would be a idea but i did read about some oiling issues on gen3 Vipers that where used on the track (mainly with slicks and in extended hard left turns?!?)
i personaly would prefere to convert the engine to "drysump". did anybody do it already? is there any premade oilpan available? :confused:

any input would be highly appreciated
stephan