Questin about Gts value's

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just sold my 2001 acr red/silver original owner all paperwork keys etc. just the way I bought it, with 3000 on the clock $59,000 deducted a bit for 8 year old tires and battery car had no stories to tell. New owner already fried the rears off what a shame, it will most likely end up in a creek upside down.
The market is down if its not priced right, walk.

Last edited:

goldlifter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that what we are seeing now is the sellers are refusing to believe the value has dropped to the level of the KBB.

:usa:

KBB is a DECENT tool for the general public when it comes to mass produced commuter cars. It is a horrible gauge of the "true market value" as indicated by the Dodge Viper,Acura NSX,MKIV Toyota Supra,ETC

someone's dreamin' if they think they are going to find a low mile 96/97 Blue/white GTS with a clear title for around $30k

djacob372

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all KBB is nearly useless for determining the value of rare, exotic, and collectible cars. They use generalized calculations for condition, milage and depreciation.

Case in point, a blue-white GTS will cost you nearly 10k more then a red one of the same year... where is that reflected in the KBB?

Good news for you is that the prices have dropped due to the economy--maybe even close to the bluebook values which is a pure coincidence not an endorsement of KBB accuracy for these cars.

Bad news is that most viper owners won't be selling their cars in this lean market, and what's left is typically dealer cars, or cars with sketchy backgrounds.

Good luck! If you really want a GTS in good condition with low miles, you best budget about 40k, and then look for the RIGHT car. Getting the right car, is better then getting a bargin on just any car.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should add the proverbial "in my opinion" when making statements like that. Because I'd like to see the list of your references that say it IS the least desirable color.

He doesn't need to. didn't you know, Dum426H is the authority on all things Viper . . . .
:lmao:

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red is for the heritage first viper color was red and don't forget Team Oreca had some red cars.
So red is actually one of the best colors on the viper if not thee best.
Perhaps, the reason they made more red than any other color is because it sells more than any other color on this car and just looks tight.

cudavip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the more i look at these cars...the red cars w/silver are REALLY growing on me.

Yep, the red/silver is a beautiful combo I already kinda regret selling my red/silver ACR even more so when the new owner did a 45 sec. burnout :rolleyes:.

taillights

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the more i look at these cars...the red cars w/silver are REALLY growing on me.
If you are looking at these cars on E-bay you probably seen the silver one on there I just purchased with lots of mods. 98 GTS with 49,000 miles on it for under 40k. But I lived close enough to the car to go down and check it out first hand before I ever made an offer. I too own several race cars but this viper is by far more street friendly than my 1000hp camaro. Good luck :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are looking at these cars on E-bay you probably seen the silver one on there I just purchased with lots of mods. 98 GTS with 49,000 miles on it for under 40k. But I lived close enough to the car to go down and check it out first hand before I ever made an offer. I too own several race cars but this viper is by far more street friendly than my 1000hp camaro. Good luck :)

My last GTS was a Re/Silver and it was nice. I do like my Sapphire/Pearle Blue with silver much more and get more color comments with it however.

Since my Viper I only drive my Prostreet Duster in the Rodeo Parade. With the Nitrous on my Duster is just as fast as my Viper (up to 140mph)... but the Duster won't stop or go around corners compared to a Viper. I also like the comfort of the Viper much more than the Duster. But, my 440 Duster does have the Ultimate V8 exhaust sound and the Viper can't compare to that. If I ever build another 440 Prostreeter I'll be starting with a Roe style superhcarger, even if I have to build the intake manifold myself. Someone will get a great deal when they buy my Duster.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960