Question about 04 SRT-10....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A silver '03 with 15K mikes and warranty to 2010 went for $33K over the weekeend...there are many deals to be had on used Vipers.

V

Venomiss

What's a junior member?
Where is he from-have someone go check out the car. Maybe it's the deal you have been looking for.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many people must choose between paying their mortgage or selling their exotic cars. Vipers aren't the only cars going at killer deals these days. Its economy related, not Viper related IMO. New Viper sales are actually up this year.

TommyG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks normal to me too. Bought my 8k mile 04 red vert for 43k mid Dec, car was clean but needed clutch and front steering items. I was looking for a below 10k mile car so I was willing to pay a bit more. Picked up a C6ZO6 with low miles pretty low as well but lost my rear on a 05 Porsche Turbo S cab, so yes its economy related and where the mkt is today.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Priced lower probably because he does have a chuck of miles on it. I wouldn't buy it sight unseen or at least have it checked out firsthand. Carfax/carcheck are okay as a slight measuring stick but I wouldn't count on them. Seems reasonable to me. (I don't know about that 8-ball gas door cover though!)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car has 21k miles on it and runs much better than it did when it had only 5k miles on it. Although my new engine only has about 11k on it. Remember 04's have weak rods and are prone to breaking especially if you increase your power by even 25 to 30 hp. Call Chuck Tator for an ear full on how many 04's he has had in his shop due to blown engines from failed rods. Mine was one of them.

Also, when I bought my Viper it only had 1012 miles on it. The previous owner did a 180 on the L.I.E. w/ his wife in the car and scared the ****** out of his wife. She made him sell the car the same week. Traded it in for a Benz CL63. That could also be the case here.

And this Viper u r considering looks practically stock all the way down to the air filters. That is a good sign. His roll bars look stock, which means this car shuold not have been tracked. It does look like he modified the tires, those tires seem lower profile than stock. To me, he seems to have driven the car for show and not for the performance. This car might have been babied. But you will only know when u see it close up and personal.

Just my .02 :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses. I have a black 99 RT/10 too, but this thing just seems too good to pass up if everything checks out. I wanted something that I could drive daily and at the same time be able to drop the top on those nice days coming home from work. If I can get this car for 35K or so, how can i pass that up...LOL.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your responses. I have a black 99 RT/10 too, but this thing just seems too good to pass up if everything checks out. I wanted something that I could drive daily and at the same time be able to drop the top on those nice days coming home from work. If I can get this car for 35K or so, how can i pass that up...LOL.

One more thing, you can pick up this car for say 35k, slap on an 08 hood and throw on a s/c, and for less than 45k you have what appears to be a Gen 4 that will run low 11's or high 10's in the 1/4 mile and that will be faster than the Gen 4 and the ZR1. :headbang:

Not bad.

OP
OP
P

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the 03's were the ones that were having trouble with their engines and not the 04's. Is it true that adding an exhaust to an 04 could damage the rods in the engine? That seems awefully far fetched.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely 04's. I know from personal tragedy. I think the 03's also had problems with the bearings. The rods in the 03's are stronger than the 04's (actually more ductile). Daimler changed the metallurgy in the 04's to save money....and the failures began popping up nation wide.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21