Question about hid fog lights!!

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a set for my 02 gts and was wondering when i got to hook them up if they are not a direct plug n play, if i have to run a pos wire to the battery, can i run it up to the bolt under the hood where you put the battery tender onto?? instead of having to run it all the ways back to the battery?? Thanks guys!!:)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the set you run. On my set they are direct plug and play. The only issue was the metal shroud inside the fog lamp and it just needs to be pushed forward or bent up slightly to fit the bump.

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No wiring required. I did cut a small bit from the rubber behind for running the wires out. Good luck beaming the fogs, mine didn't cooperate much.

The low beams are easier b/c I got small ballasts and they fit inside the headlight housing - no modifications required!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Inside your fog light you have a cutout. It is a piece of metal that blocks part of the light output and controls where the light is spread to. Usually the HID's bulbs are slightly longer and require that piece to be pushed forward or bent up slightly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang