question about intermittent electrical problem

SwampViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 RT/10. Whatever circuit powers the windows, stereo and turn signals is intermittent. I have not been able to find a pattern to when it goes out or when it comes on. Checked the fuses and they seem seated in good condition. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:hahaup:

The force you feel drawing you to your car to check the body to door wiring cannot be controlled. Go to your car. Feel the force. And spray paint your tools bright blue with silver star stickers for maximum effect.

OP
OP
SwampViper

SwampViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, Is that you in that KC-135 making the low pass on the YouTube video?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4vrV-pbJ8g[/media]
Naughty - naughty. I don't know who in their right mind does that with so many video cameras around. These days, the perpitrator cannot escape judgement. Blue-Suiter brass are not forgiving like Navy skippers who actually encourage that stuff.

I appreciate your answer to my tron question but suspect you recall I do have an open circuit in the door-open circuit of the drivers door-to-body harness. You guys really want to turn me into a wire splicer. I will do the research in your post and probably have follow up questions. Bottom Line: while I am fixing the open circuit and chasing this problem, am I better off just replacing all the wires? Which is better: buying that $400 harness that may have the same bad wiring or buying good wires and splicing at each connector?

OBTW, I followed your suggestion and asked various Viper-techs at Florida Dodge dealers if they had the connectors in their little stash of parts in their work bench. To a man, they all denied having the stash but one ran out to the parking lot as I was leaving and gave me a harness - not the right one of course but at least it was a gesture.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reviewed the '00 wiring diagrams and your common element might just be the ignition switch. All of those items you mention are controlled by it. There may be others too that go down that you may not be aware of.

Dave votes for ignition switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang