Question about rear-end ratio

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on purchasing a GTS in the next few months, and I plan on keeping it stock, for the most part. Is there a big difference in acceleration between the 3.07 and 3.54 rear end ratios? I'm more a fan of quick acceleration rather than all-out top speed (although the latter isn't a bad thing). Any advice would be great.

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you install 3.55s, Im pretty sure your sixth still reaches 200mPH. Anyone correct me?

The gearbox stock is bad. I want to change it badly. Top speed of 6th gear is like 310 MPH in the STOCK gearbox.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This question seems to appear every 30 to 60 days...check the archives for lots of talk and facts on the subject. Lots of opinions and as the saying goes, like a butt, everyone has one. Anyway, I did switch to 3.55's (same as 3.54's) and like them a bunch. Quicker seat of the pants feeling, probably not much difference in quarter mile...never had mine to the drags, but others have indicated that the stop watch difference is minor. Oh, by the way, with the 3.07's, you can't pull the top rpm's...need way more torque than available. Top speed is pulled in fifth gear and should be (if everything is going well) around 180 + or -. Not sure if you can pull top rpm's with the 3.55's, I don't have the nerve/guts/stupidity to try it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960