Question about Sylvania Silverstars

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm gonna pick up a set of Sylania Silverstar Headlight and foglight bulbs today. One question though. My manual states 9005 for the low beam, but Sylanvia's website lists 9005 for the high beam 65 watts, vs 9006 for the low beam 55 watts. Which one should I go with?

Bat™

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree.

Bat, don't skimp around on your ride. Your car is too nice, especially now. Get the HIDS and be done with it. :usa:

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HID's man. I have 8000K in the headlights and fogs, looks insane. DO IT!!! I paid $800, damm $600 is a great price.

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Andy I got mine here

http://www.randjdistributing.com/

$310 headlights/fog each

or $600 For both headlights and fog.

I'll help you put them in too.

I have had good dealings w/ R&J thus far, so I would recomend them as well. I'm going to pony up for HIDS at the end of the year. I may be up for some help too. I'd go with the 6000's if I were you. :usa:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It says that they are "plug and play." But are they really that easy to install? I will order a set tomorrow if the install is pretty easy. Like I have said before, I am a ******* when it comes to anything electrical.

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How often do you drive your car at night? If you drive at night quite a bit then certainly install HID. If your night driving is limited then the Sylvania Silverstars are just perfect. We have Silverstars installed in our car and love them. Not quite HIDs but a very good upgrade for the money. HID are cool, had them in our Audi and always loved them. But limited night time driving does not justify the cost?

Just my .02.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How often do you drive your car at night? If you drive at night quite a bit then certainly install HID. If your night driving is limited then the Sylvania Silverstars are just perfect. We have Silverstars installed in our car and love them. Not quite HIDs but a very good upgrade for the money. HID are cool, had them in our Audi and always loved them. But limited night time driving does not justify the cost?

Just my .02.
I concur with Ivory...for the amount I drive my car at night (10 hours a year) I will take the Silverstars...80 Bucks vs 600...And they sure are bright...AL...00Prowler..

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well guys, I've decided to return all the Silverstars and get my $150 back. I've decided to go with the HID upgrade. Thanks for talking me into it ;) .

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will eventually get my moneys worth in the long run. I usualy drive my Z at night, but now that it's for sale, I'll eventually have to drive the Viper at night ;) .

Bat™