question for enclosed trailer owners

Frank P

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you haven't been using one, I can't recommend getting a weight distribution hitch as the increase in stability on the road is remarkable. I towed my 22' V-nose without it and it was a real adventure.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think I could pull a 28' enclosed trailer initially with a Lincoln navigator and probably ultimately with an Ecoboost?

cold85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this may sound a little crazy but test pull the trailer before you buy it. I pull a 44ft enclosed now and have had 15 trailers from 20ft-48ft in the last 6 years. Some of the shorter ones pulled worse than the longer ones empty or loaded. If you have a 3/4 ton truck go 28-32 1/2 ton 24ft or 28ft. Length will not add much wieght just depends with extra room how much you put in the trailer.
My 44ft has only 25ft of cargo space in which I have a 70 dart with parachute and 2 tool boxes a generator and four wheeler and many other small items like winch you just need to use space wisely.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think I could pull a 28' enclosed trailer initially with a Lincoln navigator and probably ultimately with an Ecoboost?

No way. My 28' enclosed would make the rear of my dually drop a few inches, and that is a 1-ton truck. I have a friend with an Ecoboost F150 and his truck was suffering just to pull an open 18' steel trailer with a car on it. It only got like 7 mpg pulling that lightweight setup. Horrible.

Tony

virginiavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way. My 28' enclosed would make the rear of my dually drop a few inches, and that is a 1-ton truck. I have a friend with an Ecoboost F150 and his truck was suffering just to pull an open 18' steel trailer with a car on it. It only got like 7 mpg pulling that lightweight setup. Horrible.

Tony
sounds like a ford issue there. my 1/2 ton silverado doesn't drop with my heavy steel car trailer with winch, dual batteries, tire rack and tool box with a 900 lb brute force in the back of my truck. pulls 7-8k pretty easily over any distance. get up around 10k and she starts feeling it pretty good. just a 6.0 silverado half ton. don't overload the tongue and you should be fine with a strong 1/2 ton up to about 8k lbs safely. although I wouldn't recommend 28 ft without a 3/4 ton for the braking capacity and better tow gear alone. if it's a fifth, I'd go dually.

impalassed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2000 8'x20' Pace Shadow. Bought it used to move us from IL to MS in 2009. Pulled with a 95 Chevy Tahoe. Rig and trailer performed great in all weather conditions. Roughly 13,000 miles with all the trips I have made and will be racking up a few more when I head to VOI :) Size is up to you. I like the 20. It fits all I need and I was able to get creative with a few Harbor Freight wall cabinets to hold some track tools and detail supplies. I can ofter this - in looking at several new and used trailers, the cheaper "cargo" ($5-6K new) are not worth it. Every one, even if only a few years old, had daylight around the the doors, while the Pace was and still is sealed nice and tight! Ya get what you pay for. Good Luck in your search!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave