Question for the ACR guys

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received shipment of my 09 ACR. this car will experience a significant amount of track time once it is broken in. what are you guys running for front and rear tire pressures? are these pressures based on pyrometer readings?:)

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry cant answer your questions, just wait awhile as there are people on here who can..Iam waiting for my ACR to come in ..What color,******** or standard ? Post some pics of yours when you get a chance..Lots of luck with it..signed a New Yawker for 47yrs..Kevin

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just received shipment of my 09 ACR. this car will experience a significant amount of track time once it is broken in. what are you guys running for front and rear tire pressures? are these pressures based on pyrometer readings?:)

Owners manual is a great start....

This is going to depend somewhat on your alignment choices. If you leave it adjusted baseline factory, then 30-30 is a good start. If you add downforce, performance alignment, lower it etc, these PSIs wont work as well, and a pyrometer will be beneficial .

The SUMMER 08 VIPER MAG has a veritable 7-page primer on EVERYTHING an ACR owner needs to know...MUST KNOW.....to go to the track. The SSGreen/Snake Stripe Coupe is on the cover

You must be registered for see images attach
"From Street Legal to Track Regal" is the must-have article.

VIPER MAGAZINE

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the standard ACR package plus:

1. stainless steel brakelines
2. mopar PCM performance chip
3. racing engine mounts
4. 6 point racing harnesses
5. bolted down fire extinguisher (hopefully never to be used)
6. MGW short throw shifter

I had the alignment set to "rough track" settings

(trying to figure out how to attach pics)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If you are running PS Cups, read the above articles as Jon suggests.

You can also call Luke at Tire Rack and ask him.

I don't like PS Cups and therefore took them off of my ACR as soon as I got the car home.

Sorry I cannot help.

If you decide to run other tires, Hoosier R6s, VRL Slicks, Kumho Ecsta V710s, Toyo R888s, Kumho Ecsta V700s or Dunlop Race slicks, I can help.

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run the ACR on PS Cup at 36 lbs hot front and back. Depending on the track start at 28 to 31 cold and adjust hot according to the abuse :D

Expect only 16 sessions or 4 track days according to how much abuse you dish out :D Personally I found the PS Cups to be a great tire, I actually ran my fastest lap on my last session when I corded the front left (clockwise track) but they're so damn expensive.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run 36- 38 hot . Its best to bring them up slowly rather then overheat with very low cold pressures. i like to come in halfway during the first session and start bleeding air and then at the end of every session. I usually start my day at 28 and bleed from there.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Socrates,

Actually, I've been running Hoosier R6's. I think I'm on my 3rd set. They work OK on the ACR, just not as well as I'd like with the OE shocks, hence the Moton Motorsports coming soon. They are also kinda pricey as they don't last very long, maybe 4 track days with 4, 20 - 25 minute sessions. They don't get greasy or slippery as fast as the PS Cups do IMHO.

I just bought a set of Kumho Ecsta V710s from JonB which I plan to try this fall. According to Luke at Tire Rack, these may last a bit longer than the R6s and are just as sticky. They are less expensive. We'll see how well they work and last.

I'm not a big fan of running the car hard in 100 F plus temps, so haven't driven in a couple of months. We're lucky here in So Cal, we can run all winter unless it rains, and it rarely rains.

Good luck,

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of the guys I know run Toyo RA1's on their track only Vipers. 335 rear and 275 front for 2 reasons, that's the tire & size Vipers Vipers run in the World Challenge GT and they last a long time. I don't know if that's changed in the last few years.

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Toyo stopped making the RA1's a while back. They replaced them with the R888's, which don't work nearly as well IMHO.

I've run both on my 01 GTS ACR, 305 front, 335 rear.

The RA1's stuck like crazy right up until they corded. The R888's never stuck as well as the RA1's and traction fell off quicker too.

Dan