Question on Factory Stripes

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2000 GTS and am planning on having the front facia repainted to to numerous stone chips. I bought the car used from a Viper friendly Dodge dealership and was aware that the facia had been repainted once already.
My question is how far down on the facia did the factory stripes go?
My car has the stripes painted all the way down to the bottom of the 'chin' on the front (see attached picture). When I have it repainted, I want it done back to the way it came from the factory.
298viper6-med.jpg

thanks

500hp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they go all the way down until you run out of body. I have a '00 gts and this is how they came from dodge

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, my 97 stops right before the facia starts going down (bottom lip way under the facia). I have seen inconsistencies in photos here where the stripes continue all the way and always wondered if it was from repaint.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, my 97 stops right before the facia starts going down (bottom lip way under the facia). I have seen inconsistencies in photos here where the stripes continue all the way and always wondered if it was from repaint.

Same here.

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, much appreciated, as I was looking through the media section I have seen several cars that the stripes stopped where the 'chin' went to the vertical position on the bottom of the car, and didn't know if this was correct or not. I even saw a picture of a 2002 final edition painted this way where the stripes stopped at the vertical.
Does anyone know what the reason is for the inconsistencies other than the obvious re-paint explanation?
Did Dodge do some cars based on model year differently?

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen 1996 GTS's both ways though mine, bought new and never repainted, does not go vertical down the spoiler.

Early photos of prototype GTS's did and I think it looks better if it does.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2 factory striped cars I've had (one bought used and one new) both stopped before going all the way down.

I just checked my 2002 Final Edition to confirm, and yes the stripes do stop before going all the way down. I bought the FE brand new and it has never been painted.

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is strange, one final edition with stripes all the way down, and one with stripes that stop at the vertical position of the front spoiler. What gives guys?
Did the factory paint some one way and some another?
This is intriguing for sure.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have pictures of my FE being built at the factory and I checked them too. No less than 100 different cars (all waiting to be shipped) in the pics that I can see that do NOT have the stripes go all the way down. I do not see any FE's with them all the way down in my pics.

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I go in for paint on Monday, and I guess I will have them stop the stripes at the vertical point on the front spoiler since that seems to be the majority here. Anyone else car to chime in on their opinion?

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black and silver stripes 00GTS and stripes go all the way down. got the car new.

May be it has to do with the car color?

Luc.
00GTS